Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Vp

The solution for my VP was for the top of the taillights be sealed with anywater proof sealer.

aZk

hsv_kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr clusport
just done mine was leaking onto my my sub removed rear quater light and got a mate to run urethane round it,, and also in fuel filler took a while to track but all sweet now

D

donsutherland

My vn leaks where the seam is on top of the guard under the boot lid next to the rubber seal.The seam is at the front of the section near the bend at the top

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i have done.... fuel filler and sorrounding area, rear windscreen, lion badge, tail lights (screw holes and top of light), garnish screw holes and top edge. nothing left except for the rear 1/4 windows. its a joke that holden didnt fix/notice this problem! real pain in the arse!

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
is there anywhere i can jst take my car and they can do it for me, cos i really can't be ****ed screwing around with it... its too much

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
only leak it get is basicly where the spare tire cover joins the back most part of the boot, water leaks in from behind the carpart as far as i can gather. almost as if from under the pasengers side tail light, bottom of.

hsv_kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr clusport
raZel said:
is there anywhere i can jst take my car and they can do it for me, cos i really can't be ****ed screwing around with it... its too much
rear quarterlights you should be able to get done at your local windscreen shop ,,,,its not a big job ive never done it before and mine took me little under an hour ,,,,as with anything interior the hardest thing is to get the trim clips off without breaking them

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
jules said:
you can always try hiding in the boot with a torch while a friend pours water all over it. i have also heard of the rear 1/4 window leak.

haha.. That would be funny. Uh........make sure you put the rear seat down just in case he leaves you in there!!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
AttaBoy said:
haha.. That would be funny. Uh........make sure you put the rear seat down just in case he leaves you in there!!

wont matter in a exec or similar, the bootlid doesnt have any trim in it so if you feel around you can manually pop the catch from inside the boot, and i think the higher models have a center pull down tag or something which will let you out that way

V

VS_Nut

i own a VS S2 and im telling you now it still leaks! but the water stays in the boot lid on the right or left side so when you open the boot, woosh! water comes out of the holes and goes straight onto the carpet of the boot, i dont have a wing so its not getting in from there, maybe the badge or the lights, but i aint too sure!