Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot release broken, How do I open the boot to fix it?

Wheels2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive S2 V6 Ecotec
thx for the pic, looks like there is an adjustment there

Wheels2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
I needed to lower it a bit, now she works fine!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There must be a virus around.
My remote opener stopped working yesterday, the rod from the actuator to the lock has broken at the lock end.
When I took the lock off, it fell off before I could look at how the rod and the manual pull cable were attached to the small U shaped lever on the inner side of the lock.
Does the manual pull cable go in the hole in the middle of the U, or at the end of the U ?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Fixed. Goes in end hole. Trial and error method. Challenge was to work out length and orientation of flimsy, broken wire rod. Third effort worked.

Edit…. also rotated the latch ( at post #29 ) clockwise a smidgen, so now I can close the boot lid with a slight push not a slam. Been like that since new, thought it was normal.

Last edited:

Wheels2004

Reaction score
Members Ride

temperamental system by the sounds

my boot lid doesn't swing right up, i thought that's what it was supposed to do too, but at least i can just lift it up and open it now

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

temperamental system by the sounds

my boot lid doesn't swing right up, i thought that's what it was supposed to do too, but at least i can just lift it up and open it now
You can put heavy duty struts on the boot so it fly's open when you hit the release button or you can modify the position and put in longer strut arms that has more pressure. Spoiler struts are stronger but probably wont still lift on its own.