Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bottom hose sucking in :(

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
ook so now i have broken down for the last 5 days, i have been told that i needed to replace my fuel pump, and air flow sensor.. so i did, then i got my aircon re gased and changed the crank angle sensor, i get my car home and it dies in drive, not over heaten, just dies... now some how some way i have a problem the cooling system, i have fllushed my radiator 6 or more times, i have bought a new thermo stad, i have scrubbed my over flow bottle to remove all gunk, i have bougght new hoses, and bleed it completly, today i got a new radiator, and still tonight my bottom hose is sucking in when the excelaration is getting used... then overheating :( i dont understand i am lost with this car ... i have replaced everthing and it is still doing it ..please has any one got any ideas, the water pump is flowing thru top hose but for some reason there is now flow at all to boottom hose...
vs calais..., supercharged v6 1997 caprice motor

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
was there a cap on the bottom hose connector that you may not have removed?

Disconnect the bottom hose amd check for water flowing out the bottom of the radiator.

Was the radiator new or second-hand? Possibly blocked.

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
its definitly not blocked i have flushed the radiator and motor heaps of times, the water waws running thru clear.... to the thermostad it was blockedwith no flow cuming thru tht hose so i took off thermo stad and the water seemed to be flowing ok. yes radiator brand new..... im clueless.... ass to that cap? i dont think there is even a cap? where is tht

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
most bottom radiator hoses come with a coil of wire in them (looks like a spring) to stop them collapsing when the water pump sucks at high RPM. Obviously yours doesn't have this...
Maybe it fell out at the shop that you bought it off. Check with them.

You can test this by squeezing it with your hand - it should feel stiff.

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
yeah it did at the time of purchase, and once fitted in car, but as soon as this problem accusred it is now floppy as, and sucking in :(

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
the funniest thing bout it is, today when i replaced everything over again. it seemed fine on start up... oncei turned on my heater/aircon i noticed the suction starting all over aagain after i just fixed it all :( could there be an issue there or? coz im telling you, it all seems good, but tht hose and its suction :( which is causing it to over heat

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
take it back off and check where it's gone. I imagine that is your problem. That is the whole reason the spring is there!

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
hm i will give it a shot thanks

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
funny enough it does get its pressue bak tho.... but as soon as u excelerate it gos floppy again so i will check this hose asap. and let u know thankyou :)

Chappo_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Ute V6 1996
Both of my radiator hoses were sucking in flat. Bought new ones, they did the same. Turned out to be the radiator cap. Bought a new one, all good now.

HTH