Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bottom hose sucking in :(

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
ok today i have gone back to peps, and bought 2 new hoses, i have been informed tht with the 97 supercharger vs caprice motor, these radiator hoses dont have spings in them.... the spring is inside it...now i have replaced the radiator cap today, both hoses :'( flushed the whole block, including the the heater line , there is no thermostad in it at all, and flushed that radiator in so many different ways it is not funny. the water is clear from each end it is getting flushed on... i dont understand :( that hose is stillll sucking in..... one thing i am seeing tho is alot of bubbles come from the radiator.... it has been bleed a million an one times, so i am to the point now where i wish i never rebuilt this engine, and burnt a hole in my pocket...

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
ah i just dont know what more to do

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mate, I would do a compression test on the engine, bubbles in the radiator can mean its got a leaking or blown head gasket. You dont always get water mixed with oil when a head gasket blows.
Also get the cooling system pressure tested. Have you replaced the thermostat, it should slow down and almost stop the flow of coolant until the engine is hot enough to let it open. Even when fully opened the thermostat would slow down the circulation of the coolant. I'm thinking that if theres not one in it, the pump might pump to fast for the flow to keep up, Hence the sucked in hose.

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
what issues will this be showing me if it is a leaking/ blowen head gasket? tht motor has been recondiontioned to the max, and has only done 143 thousand k's.. its been serviced fully every 5 thousand?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It could be hardly even noticeable or it could be running terrible.The only way to make sure is to test it.But I dont see how a head gasket would make the hose suck in,Usually it will just pressurise the system and push the coolant out the overflow.It has got me stuffed what it could be.There has to be a reason for it.The bubbles in the radiator point to a blown head gasket or cracked head/block. Also it can blow steam or white smoke from the exhaust,which is another telltale sign.

Last edited:

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
describe how you are bleeding the cooling system ???

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
yeah i might text it tomrow... there is no white stuff under oil cap, and no water going anywhere elese, it is just not flowing tht water thru tht bottom hose, but wen it is all disconected it flows like a dream, and its not blocked coz i havve unblocked it a million times as well.. so maybe it is a gasket u think... my oil still looks golden.

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
there r 2 screws and they r getting unscrewed with heater running on hot, one at a time, wen the flow in one screw is realising presureised flow of the coolant thAT screw gets screwed up and same as follows with oppisite screw

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
it is slowly realising collant and getting unscrewed untill the presure flow is high, then screwed baqck up

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When a head gasket blows,it doesnt always get coolant mixed with the oil.It can blow out into the water jackets around the bore and the compression comes out through the radiator,the bubbles you can see.