Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bottom hose sucking in :(

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
wrong way . trying raising the water level above the bleeder screws with a funnel or hose then open the bleeder screws lowest one first then the higher one . all the time keeping the water level higher in the funnel engine off . hot or cold makes little difference heater tap open or closed , give that a try and see what happens next

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
hmm u havee lost me there lol. around the bore? how do i see that .. i am a chick but i understand a lot with cars, but as to that bore water jackets u lost me .... can u expain more on it sorry :( say it was that would it cause tht hose to suck in like that? even after eerything is brand new in the cooling system

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive flushed my radiator heaps of times and never had trouble bleeding the radiator.Fill it up,start the engine,fast idle it,and loosen the bleed screw until you get a constant flow of coolant.Then once its up to operating temp loosen the bleed screw again,just to make sure its all out.Heater on hot as well while you do this.

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
wrong way . trying raising the water level above the bleeder screws with a funnel or hose then open the bleeder screws lowest one first then the higher one . all the time keeping the water level higher in the funnel engine off . hot or cold makes little difference heater tap open or closed , give that a try and see what happens next

ok in saying that can you explain to me step to step,, sorry :( i have been told the total oppisite, now wen u say higher? u mean as in the pressure from the screw?

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
Ive flushed my radiator heaps of times and never had trouble bleeding the radiator.Fill it up,start the engine,fast idle it,and loosen the bleed screw until you get a constant flow of coolant.Then once its up to operating temp loosen the bleed screw again,just to make sure its all out.Heater on hot as well while you do this.

this is exactly how i do it, and got explained how to do it

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
is there anything ive missed? anything wot so ever. ahhh it is doing my head in to the point now where i feel like i wana just give up :(

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its got me stuffed too.Id get the cooling system pressure tested (fairly cheap to get done)and compression test the engine.Its about all thats left to do.I doubt it would be air in the system doing it.(Ive been wrong before though)but I cant see how it would make the hose suck in.

Last edited:

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger
ah thanks heaps hey, my mechanic, my electriaican and everyone one i know are speechless.. they dont know what more to offer me, unless i get it towed, and checked proply, but if i told you the figure it has cost me to get that car worked the way it is u wouldlnt believe it, and for it to only be on the road for 3 months after thousands of dollars, and to break down on me after everything is brand new, grrrrr i dont want to spend any more on it... but i will definitly get it pressure tested tomorow ;) and let you know what is said.. heres to hoping my luck changes first and they fit me in to check it :(

mz-v6-2c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais supercharger