Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a ZB

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
RRP for a Calais wagon appears to be $60K. Carsales have a lot in Victoria $30K for a slightly used one. That is half price bargain.
Got to be a good buy for some-one who has faith in an Opel for durability, and intends on keeping it for a long time, 10 years ?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Good to see some new faces enjoying their new ZB's.
Bottom line is they are kitted out very well indeed for the money and are a decent drivers car for sure.

I agree the reverse camera and surround view is pretty average but otherwise there's not much to dislike and nothing comes close at the price point these are selling for.

Retained value percentages might not be that great but the value for money is so damm good in the first place, that takes a lot of the depreciation sting out.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
@Mike Lowry Yep full retail for a new one the same as mine is $60,882 and mine cost $41,000 so a saving of $19,888

Last edited:

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
@i

That must make at least 3 ZB owners in Australia :D no one takes their test drive to a servo!
Actually... The RS-V I drove at Barton's had no fuel - first stop was the servo... :)

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Actually... The RS-V I drove at Barton's had no fuel - first stop was the servo... :)
The dealers can't afford fuel for the rest drive these days. Also one dealer wouldn't let me test Drive more than about 3km. Wanted to keep the mileage down.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The dealers can't afford fuel for the rest drive these days. Also one dealer wouldn't let me test Drive more than about 3km. Wanted to keep the mileage down.
It's amazing the difference from one dealer to the next. We tried the Holden dealer in Brighton first. We waited 45 minutes before the salesman was free to see us, and after a short drive he said words to the effect "no fat on these cars, we won't move on price". The dealer we saw the following week let us take the car for as long as we liked, then closed the sale at very close to our original offer.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ A sales person having customers wait for ages is an old ploy to have them invested in the buy. It’s rude and I’d not have waited around :oops:

But then to have the sales person say they won’t move on price, some 45 minutes later, would have had me fuming and I’d have vocally ripped into their bullshit sales tactics in front of all in the showroom :mad:

Glad you didn’t deal with such twots and spent your money elsewhere :)

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
^ A sales person having customers wait for ages is an old ploy to have them invested in the buy. It’s rude and I’d not have waited around :oops:

But then to have the sales person say they won’t move on price, some 45 minutes later, would have had me fuming and I’d have vocally ripped into their bullshit sales tactics in front of all in the showroom :mad:

Brighton Holden was the closest dealer with the cheap RS-V's, and even still it was a 50 min drive to get there. At that stage we had never driven one and were keen to have a go.
Initially we found the RS-V firmer and louder than we'd expected and asked him if the Calais was a bit softer. He really lost us with his reply, a really disinterested "nah, they're all the same".
The wife and I take a perverse enjoyment from dealing with salesmen, we generally find them quite funny.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
S
It's amazing the difference from one dealer to the next. We tried the Holden dealer in Brighton first. We waited 45 minutes before the salesman was free to see us, and after a short drive he said words to the effect "no fat on these cars, we won't move on price". The dealer we saw the following week let us take the car for as long as we liked, then closed the sale at very close to our original offer.
sounds like my experience with Brighton; dismissive, uninterested, "can't possibly reduce the price further" - yet two weeks later it was over $1000 less...

Just bought one elsewhere. :)

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

Interesting what you say about having to wait being a sales ploy, I didn't recognize that at the time. We were probably too busy laughing at his justification "sorry, so busy, busloads of customers today"
Lolz