Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Box for Vibe Space CBR12

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Just a suggestion, maybe begin with a sealed enclosure.? Vibe reccomends 2.5cu ft for a sealed enclosure, and 2.75 for ported, so there's basically stuff all in it. I've read a review where this particualr sub was used in a sealed 2.5, and they were very impressed with how low it was able to play. If this is your first go at building a box, maybe just build a sealed enclosure for now, and see how you go, you may even be happy and not want to alter it at all. If your not happy, it's easy enough to add your port, and if you needed to, you could add an extra layer or 2, to the baffle wall, to re-gain your internal volume, lost by installing the port.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Good point.....yep if its your first time building a box i would suggest going with a sealed box first off.....although make it the same dimensions so its easier to add a port if need be, it shouldnt make too much of a difference to the freq. response being 0.2 cu.ft. bigger anyway.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
30cm is my internal measurement but the external measurement is 36cm taking into consideration the thickness of the wood.

Ok i will keep it sealed for now but i'll keep the same dimensions so it stays at 2.66ft which is pretty much the middle of 2.5 and 2.75. like you said i can just add a port later if i want too.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Got my amp and sub today but didn't have time to install it. I have my box all together with liquid nails now just got to get some screws into it. I was thinking about mounting the sub in the middle rather than the sides.

I will fully install it after work if i finish early. I'm not too sure what settings i shold have the amp at i will have to fiddle around. Does anyone know of a good starting point setting?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Tuning is really a personal preferance. For me, i tune my sub, to match the maxumuim volume that i can get out of my front speakers. The downside to this is that the sub is barely audible at low levels. It can ofcourse be adjusted, by can't always be bothered specifically tuning for each listening level.

I tune by running my front's on their own, and find the volume they play at before they begin to distort. (for e.g sake, this will be volume 45)

I then disconect my front speakers, and run the sub on it's own. I tune the sub to go to the same volume as before (45) without the sub distorting. Then reconect everytihng.
I prefer outright volume, compared to maxuimum bass though, your listening needs may be different.Also i hate anything that rattles and become audible over the music..

As far as safe tuning goes to avoid damaging your components, what amplifier are you using?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Turn the subsonic on to around 20Hz just for safety. Gains on minimum when you start tuning.

I recommended it. I discussed it with VIBE first and they said it would be appropriate. Its slightly underated, has all required features and I know he wont run into any trouble with it.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
oh no i was just wondering where it came from, as i hadn't seen the Vibe range of your amps on your website, but i knew he bought the sub from you.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
My range is actually about 5 times larger than what I have listed.... literally 5 times...