Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] Brake booster Delete

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A good video from Carnage that my be useful for anyone wanting to do a brake booster delete on their Commodore. This will suit any VN-VS Commodore and will be fairly much the same for VB-VL.

I will say though, you don't need a fancy bench flare tool, one from Supercheap and a small tube cutter will do the job just fine

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had one of those cheap flare tools and found them not great. Really need something better than those hand held ones.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've got one, I re-flared brake lines on the car and it seemed to work fine although I think my tool is probably slightly better quality than one from SCA. I got it years ago, I think from Summit racing. I think prep work is important, make sure you get a good clean square cut on the tube as this will ensure the tool provides equal pressure around the whole tube when you flare it.

The bench tool is nice but not practical like Scotty used it on the car and I'm fairly sure the result is probably fairly average although the end result looked good and tidy and saved a lot of space.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I sold my old kit with some old tools. It was just a cheap kit that I tried to use when putting brakes on my trailer. One from Summit would be better than my old kit. I've seen a mech use a decent hand held kit and got a decent job. I watched as he flared my trailer lines after my failure.

Toledo probably make a reasonable kit that's not too expensive.