Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT brake booster in VS

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'll be honest, I was never a fan of that idea. I had a go but binned the idea, my OCD brain just could never fit something like that. With the bracket I used it fixed the offset issue so all you had to do was drill the hole out in the end of the pushrod and bolt it in.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the one racebrakes sydney sell have the push rod threaded to make it easy to adjust the length its a lot dearer to buy

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
20240105_194919.jpg

This is the bracket I have, push rod length doesn't need adjustment, just drilling out.

It pushes the booster out slightly further into the engine bay.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VS booster with VE callipers on the VT mounting kit would be the best go.

I have a VE booster in the shed which when thinking about it, is similar to a VS booster for size and depth.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nearly 20 years that thread has been helping people. Even the photos have remained which is great considering so many have been lost over the years.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nearly 20 years that thread has been helping people. Even the photos have remained which is great considering so many have been lost over the years.

Definitely, it's much better to post the photos on the forum rather than host them on a 3rd party website and then linking them here.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
I did this same job just before x-mas to my 1994 VR (ABS model), very simple! VT rotors & calipers direct bolt on, the backing plates just need a small trim. New front brake hoses, VT booster & master cylinder using the same bracket as mentioned above, again all bolt on (only issue the stud thread on the new bracket was M8 x 1 & the O/e are M8 x 1.25). Mine is an ABS model so had to blank off 1 of the front ports in the VT master cylinder, I could simply “bend” the front & rear pipes to fit straight into the VT master cylinder (no joiners/adopters). Once I bleed the brakes I had a very hard/high pedal & had to adjust the push rod between the master cyl and booster in couple of mm (to obtain a bit of free-play on the pedal). My original support bracket didn’t fit either so made up a new one. The VT front brakes are just as poor as std brakes if the VT fast fill master cylinder isn’t done at the same time. But once upgraded, 100% improvement over the std set up.

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
A VS booster with VE callipers on the VT mounting kit would be the best go.

I have a VE booster in the shed which when thinking about it, is similar to a VS booster for size and depth.
I have a vz with ve calipers on 330 discs but you need an adapter bracket to space it out …I knocked it up from 12mm plate and a 4mm spacer to put the caliper in the middle of the disc .The plate was a dogbone arrangement with 2 sets of 2 12mm holes with 18mm between their centrelines …been like that for over 10 years. I’ve seen a ve booster/master done as an upgrade on earlier cars but never tried it ….pedal would be good using one but the size of the flare nut for the front is bigger than the earlier cars so you would need an adapter to drop it down in size but totally do able.