Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade kits

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The RDA rotors are pretty average as I had some on my G6Et and they warped within months.
I'd definitely look to getting DBA 4000s which are roughly $215ish per rotor for the T3.
I used my existing OEM brake lines as I was advised braided were a tad overkill.
Car pulls up hard with no fade on continuous spirited driving in the hinterland.

You should do yourself a favor and get some braided brake lines. Makes a huge difference to the pedal feel.

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
It would come out around the same price as RDA then, I would rather DBA over them though.

These
the ones you are talking about?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I agree get DBA4000 T3 discs and braided lines. Completes the package well. DBA now make the correct 355mm rear discs. I use QFM HPX pads

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
GSL Rally sport helped me out for rotors when I got the CTS-V Brembo kit. I'd go a 2 piece front and 1 piece rear. Will come in under $1000 if prices haven't changed much. T3 ftw

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
You should do yourself a favor and get some braided brake lines. Makes a huge difference to the pedal feel.

If you're going through the work of changing calipers I'd throw braided lines in just because you're there.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The correct parts numbers for the 355mm DBA slotted rotors are:

DBA42604S (fronts)
DBA42031AS/BS (rears)

Replace the 'S' at the end with 'XS' for cross drilled slotted rotors and if you want the two piece rotor than replace the '4' after DBA with a '5'.

GSL carried the rears which ran about $240ish per rotor and I found a shop (off ebay) who was just around the corner from GSL who sold me the fronts for $200 each. GSL wouldn't price match the complete set unfortunately but I saved about $45 looking around for the fronts which are more common.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
The 5000 series are quite expensive and only really worth it if you are hitting the track. Braided lines are money well spent.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The 5000 series are quite expensive and only really worth it if you are hitting the track. Braided lines are money well spent.

Agreed on the 5000 being more expensive. Future rotor replacements are cheaper however so imo cooler and better quality semi floating parts that will pay off over a few years.

Amen to braided lines!

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
I was umming and ahhing about braided lines but you people have won me over. I don't want to half arse it only to regret it later on. I'll keep an eye on the rotors Snow linked as they came to around $950. There's a shop I was going to price up the engine mods I want done so might see if they can do me a better deal.