Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Break upgrade legality

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAS1981

Reaction score
What NAAF said ^

Most people who fit brakes don't JUST fit brakes and could probably be defected elsewhere. I don't believe fitting optioned up brakes for an almost identically spec'd car would make it unroadworthy unless you farked it up or the parts were farked.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yer ok so how many smart guys here have ever had or heard of someone they know having their insurance claim nulled because of aftermarket brakes? or any aftermarket parts for that matter.

My neighbour has declined heaps. He is a shiney bum at one of the big insurers who investigates every claim where mechanical failure was a significant contributing factor. What is funny is that people often get themselves in the ****.

Instead of "I had a brain fade/wasn't paying attention/####ed up and ran into that car/tree/building/whatever" it's often a slippery road (in which case tires are investigated) or something going wrong with the car that gets blamed. Triggers an investigation and bang! :lmao:. This obviously isn't every crash and no doubt a significant amount of them are caused by legitimate mechanical failure and duly get approved however that sik as slammed to the weeds rocket ship has an owner with a nasty surprise.

TAS1981

Reaction score
Reaper - If you get the chance ask him about brake upgrades and explain the HSV brakes on Holdens discussion...see what he says?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Reaper - If you get the chance ask him about brake upgrades and explain the HSV brakes on Holdens discussion...see what he says?

In the letter of the law (well regulation in this case) it's a no-go as HSV is a different manufacturer to Holden.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
In the letter of the law (well regulation in this case) it's a no-go as HSV is a different manufacturer to Holden.

But the Brembo brakes come out on Holden.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
But the Brembo brakes come out on Holden.

Brembos did (Holden). AP Racing didn't (HSV). If the particular brake system was OEM on a Holden badged car and a HSV then fine. If it's HSV only then no. Surely it's not hard to figure out :bang:

The brakes fitted to my E3 (the smaller 4 pot system) are not the same as the Redline Brembo's.

SanchezCBR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Manual Sportswagon
Finally fitted them. Took all of 2 hrs

Befor
u3yvadu8.jpg

After
yvapehy7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.