Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breakdowns – which you can now laugh at

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ill dob in my mate also, for driving into a bit of flooded road at 60 and stalling the car. then i had to push it out and it was about an hour before it would start again. good fun

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I will add another one, When I went on one of my solo Enduro rides on my IT250 out into the forest. I used to head out into the forest burn half a tank of fuel then head home. Well one night it was almost dark and I had just finished cruising a track in 3rd gear, got to the other end and went to click to 4th...... wtf no 4th? no gear lever?! disaster. I parked the bike and walked the track but couldn't find it. I had to ride home in 3rd (about 80km/s) it took a very long time :p could have been worse I guess (1st or 2nd)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Couple years ago I drove up to Byron Bay with a few mates for new years, we camped the week (rained most of the time) and headed back home. The day after we got back I was around at my mates who lives around the corner from me, went to start the car and it just coughed and spluttered then died, tried again.. nothing, fuel pump had carked it, couldn't believe my luck would have been a disaster if it went at Byron! So got Dads Patrol and towed it up to my place, changed pump and was good again.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
The funniest one I can think of, was I went with a mate to pick up his new buggy.

First off he was heading over to get the trailer from the other property, when he managed TWO flat tyres, Front left, and rear right, great for the LSD on a landcruiser on Gravel roads. So he gets to the farm, chucks his spare set on which have just come back from getting punctures fixed a few days before, so we knew they were right. So we hook the the trailer up, but we had to remove the stock crate first.
Who ever put the stock crate on last used the wrong bolts so they were rusted to **** and we didnt have any tools with us and we didnt wanna drive over to the shed again, so we get it all unbolted but its still ceased. So two of us are trying to lift a 150 kilo stock crate thats seized to a trailer, with a lot of kicking screaming and pulling we get it to flip off, and we are on our way.

We arrive to pick up this buggy in the middle of no where about 2 hours from home, when the guy decides they agreed on 400 bux more. So we unhook the trailer and go to head to the nearest ATM machine, driving along we notice the front left on a lean, you guessed it we have ANOTHER flat tyre. We pulled out the front of this old country pub to change the tyre with the old cheese cutter under the tray.
First problem the valve had snapped so we couldnt put any air in the tyre to get the jack under, so we dig a little whole on the gravel to get the jack under :p and the flat tye is off. This is where it gets hilarious, by this stage my mate is absolutly wild so people have come out of the pub to see whats going on, and all stand around like hes doing a demonstration. We go to get the spare out, and the slide pin is stuck, so a bit of wd40 and a slight knock with the hammer and the pin snaps clean of leaving the bar stuck in place. So out comes the hacksaw (my mate carries everything with him lol) Get 3/4 through cutting the bar of the tray and the blade snaps, so we are belting it and yanking it trying to snap a metal bar, when he manages to get his finger nail stuck and ripped clean off at the same time we have an audience of around 10 blokes drinking and laughing at us. Eventually we broke the bar and got the spare out. Get the spare on and its flat, but thats ok we will pump it up, just where the **** has the tyre nozzle for the compressor gone :p Found it, pumped it up, and got the **** out of there quick as possible. I still cant believe how much went wrong in a day, and if I even mention it to my mate now he just gets worked up and carries on again lol.

Greenfoam, maybe you and me have the same luck when going for Moral support lol.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Greenfoam, maybe you and me have the same luck when going for Moral support lol.

No way man I read your deep fryer story once, you take the cake of bad luck. I'm quite happy with my run over foot :)

P.S thanks for taking the time to read my epic story :p

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
But well I guess as to passenger rides for moral support I guess so :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Co-worker and i were driving from adelaide to pt augusta, decided to go down this dirt road for a change of scenery, we ended up crashign the car into a fence (at high speed.... - 150+), about 2m from a 10m deep pillar that was holding the whole fence up.

The farmer (owner of the fence lol) came by on a quadbike, brought back his ute with a jack and helped us change the flat tyre.

It was quite stupid sitting there on the wet dirt thinking "oh ****, what now" as it wasn't our car :p.

I still laugh at my co-worker for nearly killing me that day... He ended up getting stuck with $900 excess, 200$ for the fence, and he's now not allowed to drive the work fleet cars.

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
hmm morning (well afternoon actually) after night on the piss, i go to drive my car to maccas and grab lunch/dinner..

and the starter motor wouldnt work,
so im wondering wtf is going on...
so, me being impatient, turns on the ignition, gets a bit wire,
pulls out the starter motor relay, and shoves a bit of wire in to directly apply power to the starter motor

OH **** ME DEAD ITS IN DRIVE
lol scared the **** out of me, didnt start, but the car jumped at me,
so yeah now i always make sure its in park before i go trying to hotwire it
i sometimes wish the relay was inside the cabin, not the engine bay, to stop idiots like me from running over themself

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
thought i had a flat battery but the car was actually just left in gear, didnt notice til my friend had turned up to give me a jump

ive done that so many times... how stupid do ya feel hey :p :bang: