Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo NAO ceramic pads

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I remember years ago, I had a set of brake rotors to get rid of. Unfortunately, the local council explicitly said they wouldn’t collect ‘car parts’ in the hard rubbish collection. Bugger, I didn’t know what to do. Anyway, I put out the hard rubbish that I had - including an old mower with an alloy chassis. Anyway, before I had everything out , an old fellow in a ute stopped and was picking up any metal. I gave him a hand putting the mower on his ute. I had a chat to him and asked if he was interested in old brake rotors. He was absolutely happy to take them!. Win-win! :)
My council says they wont take car parts etc etc but they've taken all mine I've put out - radiators, rotors, old suspension etc. From others I've seen them take paint tins, timber and so on.
They only thing I've seen them leave is bricks and heavy construction materials.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My council says they wont take car parts etc etc but they've taken all mine I've put out - radiators, rotors, old suspension etc. From others I've seen them take paint tins, timber and so on.
They only thing I've seen them leave is bricks and heavy construction materials.
Bugger the councils...
The local guy picks up ferrous and aluminium for nothing, and pays for copper, brass and bronze. Also dead car batteries.
I've got lots of steel to get rid of, 3 dead batteries, and a few kilo's of copper, brass and bronze I can't make use off.
Told him to bring his big trailer.;)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Take to Sims scrap metal merchants.
You'll get some cash.
Good prices usually.
Too far away to Sims, and the local bloke visits and pays for copper, brass, bronze and car batteries.