Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BREMBO PROBLEMS - CONSIDERING LEGAL ACTION

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I had a lot of braking issues with a car once, after all the hair pulling turned out to be the wheel cleaner I was using contaminating the brake pads.
I will just leave that there for thought...
Yep. Mine are always funny for a while in Summer after a wash. Rotors get rusty almost instantly, then grab a groan like a 40 year old virgin.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yep. Mine are always funny for a while in Summer after a wash. Rotors get rusty almost instantly, then grab a groan like a 40 year old virgin.
Good insight, honest analogy. BTW what's your age as a matter of interest? :p
Yes weird how T3 go instantly rusty when you wash the car must be that XG150 high carbon alloy stuff in the video.
Cue to 25s

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've asked plenty of taxi drivers why their brakes shudder so badly.
Is the answer because, as with the accelerator, they refuse to use the brakes at less than 95% foot pressure? :)
On - off - on - off - on - off ... accelerator & brake are Boolean, y'know.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I should ask you for this weeks lotto numbers. you seem to know everything.
I'll tell you again. I've owned 100 commodores and the ONLY time ive had brake shudder issues is with this VF which also happens to be the only one fitted with brembos. make of it what you will dude. If you want to talk about facts - well then, I've never once had a brake claim on a vehicle under new car warranty prior to this current drama..but yeah, i must drive around with the brakes on, thrash my cars and stand on the pedal at the lights

Let's put this in perspective and work out the bottom line...
A new set of good rotors and pads will cost you less than any legal action and it is more likely to result in desired outcome for you....
So... cut your losses as the dealer will do **** all from now on and get some new parts...
You have no chance against holden/dealer on this one...

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Yes weird how T3 go instantly rusty when you wash the car must be that XG150 high carbon alloy stuff in the video.

Yep. There are also more factors which increase the rate of corrosion; it's quite often very hot, which accelerates the process. It's also sped up because the surface is not smooth, plus the residual particles left by the pad.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss

A tip Cuda...........as soon as you wash your car, drive it around the block before you dry it. Dont let brakes stick
I used to do that with my Renault sport cup 265

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
OP. A quick fix for this would be a set of new DBA T3 (slotted only) and a set of HPX pads.

Guarantee no more issues.

And then go down to the dealer that night and throw all your old stuff through various showroom windows for being a bunch of pricks to you.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
And then go down to the dealer that night and throw all your old stuff through various showroom windows for being a bunch of pricks to you.

Foggsy........... you mean the dealer thats already gone up and beyond what he had too? Ive got an idea, how about the OP learn how to drive properly.
Crazy idea i know...