Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BREMBO PROBLEMS - CONSIDERING LEGAL ACTION

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Surface Rust on brake rotors after a wash or rainy day never cause me any trouble. Yeah they groan a bit Lol but once out of the driveway I just give the brakes a squeeze a few times similar to the bed in procedure and they come good, often better than they were before the rust as city driving glazes them up after a while it seems.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Good insight, honest analogy. BTW what's your age as a matter of interest? :p
Yes weird how T3 go instantly rusty when you wash the car must be that XG150 high carbon alloy stuff in the video.
Cue to 25s
40, why do you ask?
40yov.jpg

SanchezCBR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Manual Sportswagon
Ditch the factory rotors and pads, spend the money on a set of DBA T3's and a set of QFM HPX pads. Bed the rotors and pads in and you are set.

I had the factory pads and could not get decent pedal feel at all. I also installed braided brake lines. That was probably not necessary but I like the feel of my brakes with the DBA's , QFM HPX and braided lines. It pulls up very nicely. :)

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Yeah, wheels have been off, someone ran into the rear wheel a while back & had one of the fronts sent away for refinishing as I wasn't happy with the job the mobile guy had done cleaning-up the light gutter-rash ... might give remove/clean/retorque a try, ta!
Gday, wheel torque is a huge component of disk rotor warp in a floating rotor design, I am in the car trade and I am pretty sure nearly everyone I know does wheels up to VFT.... Very ******* Tight, and there is hardly a torque wrench in sight, there are a few however that care and respect, it's only a few extra minutes per car, but saves alot of hassle for the owner later on.

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hi guys, do the Red Vf Holden Redline Commodore brembo front brake Calipers have the brake fluid hose at the top or at the bottom?

Do the VF holden redline Commodore brembo pads come with square weights or the circle weights?

A mate purchased the red brembos from planet parts and the brake hose fitting is on the bottom, the pads have the circle weights and the Calipers have been spray painted Red!

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Planet Parts mostly sell camaro and or cadilac brembo brake calipers. Sometimes they have OE Holden Brembo.

Brake pad compound is the same between Holden/Chev/Cadilac (Ferodo hp1000).

Holden uses the square weights per attached pic on the front brembo calipers..

From memory Holden brake lines for the front brembo's attach from the bottom. Bleed nipples at the top.

Post up pics of the front and back of the caliper in question as from memory the camaro/cadilac brembo's attach the brake line from the top.

Camaro/ cadilac bremvo will fit..

Attachments

• Resized_20170820_112200.jpeg
    Resized_20170820_112200.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 186

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Planet Parts mostly sell camaro and or cadilac brembo brake calipers. Sometimes they have OE Holden Brembo.

Brake pad compound is the same between Holden/Chev/Cadilac (Ferodo hp1000).

Holden uses the square weights per attached pic.

From memory Holden brake lines attach from the bottom. Bleed nipples at the top

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
So they've sold my mate spray painted Camaro Calipers and camaro pads though they were advertised as 'New Vf Commodore redline brakes' on eBay

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Post up a pic of the front and back of the caliper to be 100% sure.

Unfortunately, new doesn't mean Genuine OE Holden Brembo. They will fit and work though as they are the same caliper, just different brake hose orientation and pad weights. They also suffer from squeal so tell your mate to apply more anti squeal paste prior to fitting.

Last edited:

LS1BOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Post up a pic of the front and back of the caliper to be 100% sure.

Unfortunately, new doesn't mean Genuine OE Holden Brembo. They will fit and work though as they are the same caliper, just different brake hose orientation and pad weights. They also suffer from squeal so tell your mate to apply more anti squeal paste prior to fitting.

The brake hose is too long as it comes from the top.

The pads with the circle weights hit the rims. The rims are VF2 Redline Rims!

Attachments

• IMG_5553.PNG
    IMG_5553.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 209