Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brisbarnz vh sle build

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I Hit the track again. I didn't realise until the servo on way home my rear tyres were at different psi, 16psi left 26 psi right. It explained my constant **** launches and wheelspin. Lesson learnt don't set psi in the dark.

Was still a great night. Had 6 runs in 2hrs.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Finally got it on a dyno. Woohoo. I'm happy with results, just need a proper tune now.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Finally got it on a dyno. Woohoo. I'm happy with results, just need a proper tune now.

nice build and progress mate!!
did they not tune it when on the dyno??

I reckon youll get another Tenth or 2 off your ET with a correct tune and maybe an extra mph

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
nice build and progress mate!!
did they not tune it when on the dyno??

I reckon youll get another Tenth or 2 off your ET with a correct tune and maybe an extra mph

Na just a power run for curiosity, an extra tenth or two would be nice. 14.1 is my realistic goal :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Love it.....Sounds fantastic !

Will that smoke disappear with a tune ?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Love it.....Sounds fantastic !!
Will that smoke disappear with a tune ?

Lol Smoke was lack of valve stem seals :(
I read the instructions for positive seals by mistake an put seals on before spring and retainer. I changed them last week and found all the seals pushed down the stems. I used the lever bar spring remover this time and found it much easier and quicker :)

Cheers I enjoy the sound too. That was the first and only time I've heard it from outside the car.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
So it's been 12 months since last service (200 hours). Oil smelt fuelly but plugs still looked healthy but replaced anyway. I was quiet suprised how much **** came out of the air filter when I washed it. Car is now happy and motor running quieter. Motor has now done 210.33 hours since build. 3 services in total. Km's travelled Unknown.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I purchased a new s3 airbox lid as I hated the look of the older style. Also used a v6 connector as it was shorter an actually fitted. Best part the Mrs didn't even notice Bhahaha.

Before

After

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So it's been 12 months since last service (200 hours). Oil smelt fuelly but plugs still looked healthy but replaced anyway. I was quiet suprised how much **** came out of the air filter when I washed it. Car is now happy and motor running quieter. Motor has now done 210.33 hours since build. 3 services in total. Km's travelled Unknown.

Why are you running an hour meter instead of an odo ?