Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken clutch mastercylinder

Jacejaxjai87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Hi guys, looking for help regarding aftermarket clutch mastercylinder for my ve ss. Keeps breaking the plastic piece in half. It’s got a heavy duty cusion button clutch and is pretty hard to push in but I don’t believe that’s why it’s breaking. Mechanic is pulling out pedal assembly and checking if it’s bent but yeah and help would be great.

Attachments

• 6F9B6D3A-0B08-4036-AE60-8F9CF49A22D7.png
    6F9B6D3A-0B08-4036-AE60-8F9CF49A22D7.png
    432 KB · Views: 35

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys, looking for help regarding aftermarket clutch mastercylinder for my ve ss. Keeps breaking the plastic piece in half. It’s got a heavy duty cusion button clutch and is pretty hard to push in but I don’t believe that’s why it’s breaking. Mechanic is pulling out pedal assembly and checking if it’s bent but yeah and help would be great.
That picture you have posted is for a v6 manual.
If your mechanic has been installing that v6 mastercylinder, that is probably why its breaking?

You have v8, so l imagine it would be more heavy duty.

Jacejaxjai87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
No mate that’s just the first pic I seen on internet . That’s not what the using.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If it's the correct part and the pedal is fine, I would suggest that you have a clutch that is too strong for it.
Who sold you the clutch? Did they mention anything about aftermarket cylinders?

Jacejaxjai87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
If it's the correct part and the pedal is fine, I would suggest that you have a clutch that is too strong for it.
Who sold you the clutch? Did they mention anything about aftermarket cylinders?
Hey mate , I bought clutch from NPC and the clutch was fitted based off the horsepower of car. Still waiting to hear back from mechanic about pedal assembly being bent. I have found a place called enhanced automotive based in Adelaide and he makes billet clutch mastercylinders . Bit expensive but will be the fix.