Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Budget System - Help

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Wow thanks heaps, I'm going to print this out and show my mate and if he thinks it's pretty easy which It seems to be, I'll buy the parts and do it myself! Does sound like a lot of work and something that would piss me and my friend off.... But It shouldn't be too much different than when I installed that fusion tube thing.

Now... About the speakers, It's going to be cheaper for me buying from ryda as I'll be buying everything at the same time....

That sucks nothing compares.... grr !! Will those fusions I showed which to me seems to have the same db and stuff, Still be very very good? Or not even close to as good as the ones you mentioned?

Thanks a lot mate. :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Well the Fusions you mentions are just standard co-axial speakers. 'Splits' are generally considered better because the crossover that links the woofer and the tweeter insures that the woofer only plays the 'mid' frequencies, while the tweeter only plays 'high' frequencies, these are the frequencies each speaker specializes at. Now that's not to say that a 6" woofer cant play the very high frequencies, but while trying to play them it can't quite get as loud in the mid section. Basically by splitting the frequencies each speaker can play louder and clearer. That generally why splits cost more, they have that crossover.

Now you could put just standard 6" co-axials in the front door, heck it would be easier to install, but you would generally get better sound out of splits. Now these are all the splits that Ryda have, Ryda Car Audio - 6" Component Speaker Store . I suppose the Sony splits would suffice or the Fusion Reactor ones, but neither will match the FLIs. Up to you mate. Since there really isn't any point ordering before business hours anyway, send Joe (owner of Shopping Secure) an email on [email protected] , and ask him what the best price is shipped, so far I haven't seen one sales quote that he hasn't discounted. Or give him a call on 0424 141 390. Also ask him for his best price is for the "SPL Dynamics SD-6.2". Just tell him you are on an extremely tight budget and ask him what he has got for you.

The only reason I am hitting up Joe's product are that the specs are showing superior products. That's not to say that any other speakers won't sound mint to your ears, pretty much anything will be an upgrade from factory.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Thanks very much for your time, I'm going to have a word with the person who's going to help me probably and sort something out, Either way And even if i wait a week or two until I know I've got someone where more experienced than me and my friend You've been so much help. :)

Have a good one mate!

I've added to your rep, But it hasn't shown yet...:)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
No problems mate, the forums are here so help can be given.