Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Build sheets under carpet

Redroostr

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 215i 6spd Senator
Sweet cheers for that :) Kinda wonder about the 5 spd manual bit tho as its a 6 spd

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
The 5 speed manual was installed on the production line, same as the 15x6 steel wheels.

Apparently the 6 speed was installed at HSV.

Looks like a sweet car too. I bet there wouldn't be too many Senator 215 manuals made.

Redroostr

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 215i 6spd Senator
I reckon you'd be right too, the trans has got HSV stamped on it.
Yup shes a sweet car alright, I intend to keep it for a while too. Ive seen whats happened to Monaro's and they way their value has shot up. My Senator has only 130km's on the clock and that reflects what the rest of the car is like. Fun times to drive too !!!

Last edited:

Mudgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
When I tore the floors out of my VN Calais donor I found the paperwork on the rear passenger's side on the vertical part of the inner sill. Cool to see a bit of history intact. However on my VP I owned years ago, no paperwork to be found anywhere...( I had to pull the mats to fix a water leak, but no doc's in that one) weird.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Hey mate A9M ? Can you help me out cheers!

Ozzyjim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Gday HSV5L,

What model is it with? I just had a look at a document I have and it list A9M as Taxicab Victoria and Queensland

Ozzy

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gday HSV5L,

What model is it with? I just had a look at a document I have and it list A9M as Taxicab Victoria and Queensland

Ozzy

Hey Jim!

I was speaking to shearer about it but he must be asleep or somthing..

Its a 20-9-94 VR Commodore sedan model number A9M it has V5W sus on the tag. V6 Auto.

It was factory white but its now a GTS-R replica painted yellah same as the cab colour.

It was a QLD car at some stage.. So i am guessing queensland fleet car! So whats the specs etc ? If it was a melbourne cab it would have been factory yellow ? Not white. No build sheet..

Honestley everything has been changed! Thank god! Its straight!

The cars on here atm check it out!

Its pretty rare being a cab!!! aha [TUF-CAB]

Cheers
Travis/

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
My money's on the A9M is a type of fleet model, according to Post 266 there are a few bits and pieces from BT1s, such as the speedo, roof light, police seats, etc. If it were a taxi, my guess it would have a column shift auto.

Case A9M is not over :)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its had a full dash change and latch loom climate controll devonish v8 lsd kings springs vs dash vs carpet paint everything so its hard to tell! Check it out under my threads!

Theres 2 holes on the fire wall from like a mod plate or somthing but the tag is gone.

On the strut tower theres a few holes fron like a gas mixer..

How could i check of it was colum ?

Thanks for the help guys much appriciated!! :)

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
There may be remains of the brackets on the firewall, one giveaway is column shift doesn't have a remote fuel cap or adjustable steering column. Also look for the obvious cut out of the gear lever (originally the floorpan had a press for the shifter) and a pocket spot welded for the handbrake handle on the driver's side sill.