Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

building a new pc

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
Looking good mate, How does the 5850 handle the games & any reason you went the bluray rewriter over just a reader?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
gotta say the 5850 handles the games beautifully this is my first gaming pc and it is wow... im very happy with it

yeh it is a blu ray re writer, well ive got 3 ps3 1 in each room of the house so i can burn em and play them on the ps3's mainly

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
hey guys

been awhile since ive updated, past month or so ive upgraded my cpu cooler to a noctua NH-U12P SE2 which is cooling very nicely at the moment :) ive overlcocked my cpu to only 3.30ghz at the moment just a simple OC handles everything good so far

also picked up a logitech G19 and a cooler master CM storm mouse, both are awesome

within the next 2 months ill be getting my new 27" lg monitor will be buying a new lian li case and will be adding another HIS 5850 graphics card for some crossfire action :)

pics are up on first page

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
nice setup man... the G19's are heaps good hey, i love mine. im running gigabyte 5870's in crossfire and i have no problems at all with any games... run everything max no problems at all! im currently running a HD Sharp tv and a Samsung 2494HS monitor off my cards and can have a movie/music playing on one while watching a movie no probs. still got space to add a couple more monitors on, i see u were planning running 3 monitors, my last card was a gigabyte 5770 and it ran my tv and monitor no probs so i imagine your having no problems with running 2 on ur 5850. I have heard but have never looked into it that its best to keep your graphics cards from the same batch if you want to run crossfire that was the specs of the 2 cards r as close as possible to each other. saying that it might not have any impact at all just something for u to think about. the only problem you may run into is that your 650w psu might not be able to supply enough power... i had an older 650watt psu and i kept on blue screening until i upgraded my psu to a 750watt... also with mine to run in crossfire requires 4 6-pin power connectors so make sure you have enough of them as well... but in saying that ur psu is new so u shouldnt have a problem

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
hey,
yeh thanks for that m8... yeh loving the G19 very nice keyboard :) i will be getting the same graphics card well ill try it was soo hard finding the HIS 5850 in adelaide no 1 had em!! so hopefully i wont have too much trouble getting the 2nd 1

yeh i was planning to stick with 3 monitors but ill think ill just stick with the 1 27" lg when i get it bout 2 weeks time

well it recommends 600w when running in crossfire mode.. and the corsair should hold up pretty well i reckon.. it is 650w true power as they say unlike some of them...if not well just another excuse to get another 1 haha :D

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
hey guys,

update on my pc....got my new lian li case 2day...so i had the joy of swapping everything over from old to new...took awhile cause i wanted it neat n tidy with cables etc...
pic on first page along with my spec sheet :)

iinsom

Fireproof Igloo
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SV6
Liking the PC dude.

BUT, you shoulda got a 920, if you get a good batch (D0) they overclock very well. Ive got mine sitting at 4ghz on air no dramas, :)

iinsom

Fireproof Igloo
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SV6
Yeah fair enough. I bought mine 2nd hand so i knew it was a good clocker from the start :)