Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying demos

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
yeah i am not 100% ... we'll see what happens ! it will defo make me decide which camp to pitch my tent in so to speak ! just totally unimpressed with the local holden dealership and as i have a ford dealer within 5k's of home too, its gotta be an option to be treated well as a customer post buy !

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Turbos have a mind of their own - I prefer a V8 over a turbo - that's me

Good luck with the Ford Gonnaenodathat

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
hmm its gonna be hard but i am getting impatient.... we were going to hold off due to saving for a mortgage but i am sick of driving an old ef wagon !

looks, the VE has it , performance, mate who is a traffic cop and drives both says the xr6t is an absolute hooligan ! so i need to try both before we decide..again :D

you are correct in saying its a hooligan, but its no comparison comparing it to the v8, chalk and cheese. guess holden doesnt have a direct comparison though. i looked too at the xr6t, albeit a ute - but as standard with 17"mags, those leaf springs (wtf)that nasty gap between cab and tray & sounds like a vacuum cleaner made me look at the ssv. i see the good and bad in both, but looks, handling and the v8 noise (ok once you put on an exhaust!) made me swing towards the red corner...the xr6t was fun to drive and consistently hits 100kph in 5 secs but i would have to take the zf auto as the manual was a pain to drive, the auto was always in the correct gear. 1sec quicker to 100kph was its only saving grace, plus the ssv is easily and relatively cheap to modify..they both great cars each to their own but for me the holden ute was a better buy..

And i aint starting a red v blue war!

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
We are all Holden owners so there is no need to get worked up about it but the Ford XR6T has better performance than the SS.

I love turbos and V8's but i guess i love the V8's more hence why i bought one.

I'd love to Twin Turbo my Ute though :yeah: