Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Buying Used VE Calais V SportWagon .. Mileage and major service question

mdfarooq31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Hi guys,

I am new here and was referred to by a whirlpool forum member as I was told the commodore gurus are on here :) I am looking at joining the Commodore bandwagon and have my sights set on getting a used VE Calais V Sportwagon. There are three cars that I have narrowed it down to - One that has done around 68k kms, the other around 90k and the third just under a 100k. I want to know if there are any key servicing questions i need to be asking - if certain components require replacing around any of these mileage marks, major servicing, etc. so I can factor in any upcoming servicing costs into the negotiation :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
personally I'd get the 68k one and take it to holden and get them to give it a full service with a report.

mdfarooq31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Thanks for that. So I test drove them all and liked the 68k one the best, and convinced myself it was worth the extra money. So I did put a deposit on it today, subject to a RACV pre purchase inspection and should hopefully sort it all out next week. It was last serviced for the 60k service when it was at about 62k by holden. So do you suggest I still take it to Holden to do a "full service" ? How much does this cost (ball park) ? Also, is there anything I need to ask to be done/checked specifically ? Or do I just ask for a full service with a report ? Thanks heaps.