Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~Bz Kn33z Black VN~

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Did you ever finish this thing off? :)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Sold the Supercharger, and went turbo, not much further now, just need to clean all the burrs off the turbo piping and fit everything.

I have some goodies coming my way soon

044 Bosch fuel pump
Surge tank for the boot
Oil catch can.
Bigger Injectors (again)
VX SS brake upgrade
L3 dash

And i have just about everything i need for my SV500 bodykit
i have
Group A bulge
Sv5000 rear bar
Sv5000 Side Skirts with rear door ticks
VN SS front bar lip (untill i get the Sv5000 front)
And Sv5000 front gaurd moulds

Plans are At the Moment is to Get the Turbo on and around 7psi for now.
Then finish the body work on the car fit the doors with power windows and fit the kit
and then when its warmer Paint the whole car in my Shed Black.

Just been on a buying frenzy now gotta pull my finger out and get stuck into it all haha.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
What was the primary inspiration for going Super-to-Turbo? Something different, or the less-noise factor ^_^

I think you're going to help me decide which way to go with my VN crapbox lol

Hurry up and finish this thing ^_^

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
SC14s are unpredictable i wouldnt boost them over 5psi, they are loud, but when you move the throttle body it makes it alot more quieter and power delivery is abit delayed but better i have some vids on youtube you should check them out, i never got it running right on higher boost but the sc14 was on its way out and teflon wen everywhere lol.

I chose to go Turbo Because you make more power on lower boost its not asloud as the sc14 and to cruise normally its more driveable appose to the sc14, even if you have the sc14 turned off on the switch the motor has to suck through the rotors and you loose power and put the motor under more strain.

I will give you a better answer and i will have alot of vids when i get it on, i just have to pay rego and start fitting eveything up.

But like i said if you get a cheap sc14 run it at 5psi with or without an intercooler, you will net 150-160rwkw and with a drag car and slicks easy get a mid to low 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrX2sNLA6vw

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I thought that may have been the case. Noise would have to be a big one too, even after moving the throttle body the damn things still wines away like a girl.

Any plans to move the turbo down the track? Maybe try and make things a little more stealth, especially with all the trouble you've had up until now? :p

I'm tempted to try and do a turbo mount behind the front bar, under the airbox where the vacuum canister lives. I'm sure there's got to be a way to cram everything in there and bring your intake up through the standard airbox (even if that whole panel has to be chopped and raised a couple of inches).

What sort of boost are we planning to run through this turbo for now? Cooled, I presume?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah still pretty loud, but under 5psi isnt as bad and if you move the pod to the front bar its quieter.

Nah i think i will leave the Turbo as it is, just make up some better Manifolds and tidy her up. i never got done for the supercharger, just an unroad worthy car, and my black commodore attracts the cops..

For Boost, i am thinking just around 7psi for now its got 3inch cooler pipes to a 300-600 monza intercooler.
Just so i can get her up and boosted, then i will be attacking the body and painting it with the sv5000 kit on it should look sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcT4nC8wYk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L3y0MUQJqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KtcWRfRtCk
The last one was with more boost but stuffed sc14 lol boost around 6-7 its a 12psi pulley, teflon all through the cooler piping haha

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Been pretty slack but i Bought some MSD coils and they work great thanx to D3V14NT, I also rewired my Oil sender loom it was stuffed and cracked the fuel pump would prime with no key in the ignition haha, so i fixed that and then the oil light wouldn't go off so i bought a New oil sender unit and no more oil light.

I have just been starting the car up with the turbo manifolds on and blowing the crap out of them, i will start fitting the turbo and do abit more welding on the dump and weld the new 3inch cat on aswell. Not much left to do but i just need to pull my finger out.

Here is a picture of the MSDs and how the car stands atm. (dusty)

Attachments

• 10102011592.jpg
    10102011592.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 10102011595.jpg
    10102011595.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 250

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Ohhhhhh, Ive only just found your thread..... Ill be reading closely now ;)