Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabin Air Filters

Wannabe Nomads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
The pollen filters are installed via access under the hood ..fortunately no internal removals needed.

Aussie7t8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sedan
Install was more difficult than the video showed (youtube clip for VE). Eventually removed old filter (looks just like a home air-con filter) and placed new one in. Did 450 km on highway with vents open, still gets exhaust fume smell but otherwise good. I'm happy with it so far. If you do install one yourself, be aware that the opening for the filter box doesn't come all the way open and makes for a tight squeeze (more experienced people may be able to find an easier way than me).

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I agree the filter is not as easy as the video shows to install and aussie7t8 is 100% correct it is a very tight squeeze to get the filter in.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Interesting product. You still get fume ingress, so the carbon filtration aspect is questionable and its black so the pollen filtration will also be somewhat of a guess upon inspection.

I'm not having a go at you. I probably would have tried one myself. I think the manufacturers use the carbon as marketing tool and unfortunately not for legitimate air purification.

Whether in air or water, organic molecules/particles must have a decent amount of contact with carbon to be effectively neutralized. Could slowing your fan speed for more "contact time" maybe help with the fumes your getting?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
So I contacted Cabin Air Filters today and asked why I can still smell the fumes and also explained how hard it was to install and instead of getting a response from them they just refunded me the $50 which I am not complaining about but would of preferred answer from them

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So I contacted Cabin Air Filters today and asked why I can still smell the fumes and also explained how hard it was to install and instead of getting a response from them they just refunded me the $50 which I am not complaining about but would of preferred answer from them

scam (quote from "The Checkout")
I'd suggest telling them you will be in contact with the ACCC. They maybe falsely advertising the capabilities of their product.