Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cairns and surrounding area's

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Thing is though, it's moving so slow that the winds will be around for a long time. Around 20hrs apparently. And the same principles apply regarding time vs intensity. An earthquake measuring 4 on the righter scale that lasts for 5 minutes is more destructive than a 10 that lasts for 5 seconds.

My point is the winds will have a LOT of time to do a LOT of damage. But good luck to you! To everyone up there. It would be a seriously scary experience if you don't get out before it hits...

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Thing is though, it's moving so slow that the winds will be around for a long time. Around 20hrs apparently. And the same principles apply regarding time vs intensity. An earthquake measuring 4 on the righter scale that lasts for 5 minutes is more destructive than a 10 that lasts for 5 seconds.

My point is the winds will have a LOT of time to do a LOT of damage. But good luck to you! To everyone up there. It would be a seriously scary experience if you don't get out before it hits...

Yeah i know mate, do apprecaite ur concern but like most of cairns were gunna stay

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Actually I just had a thought... Get a few V8s together and as it hits, start doing circle work in the opposite direction of the winds - would easily make it stop since the Holden marketing department can start one with just one ute! :p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
As my Father would tell me, about all you can do, is put your head between your legs, and kiss your arse goodbye !! :kissmy: haha

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
I don't think Australians fully comprehend the seriousness of this storm cell tbh. It's now a Category 5 "finger of god" storm. Which makes it as intense as Hurricane Katrina - and that killed nearly 2000 people. Not only that but moving at just 30kph means the winds are going to last for something like 20hrs.

Seriously, why are people staying? There's been more than 2 days notice... Stuff can be replaced. Your life and the lives of your friends and family cannot...

GTFO!!!

Live tracking: MTSAT Infrared Colorized Image Loop - Satellite Services Division - Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
Predicted path: Tropical Cyclone Threat Map Page (1)

It's rare I agree 100% with you CSP but the above is just perfect.

GTFO, its HUGE, its going to flog the **** out of you regardless of how prepared you are.

It's bigger than Katrina, it's the size of Tasmania.

I wish everyone the best and will have everything crossed for no life loss, surely mother nature took enough lives throughout the floods.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
It's rare I agree 100% with you CSP but the above is just perfect.

GTFO, its HUGE, its going to flog the **** out of you regardless of how prepared you are.

It's bigger than Katrina, it's the size of Tasmania.

I wish everyone the best and will have everything crossed for no life loss, surely mother nature took enough lives throughout the floods.

Same here, just get out

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I don't undertsand why people are staying either, they've had notice, why not load your car and just drive anywhere thats safer. I know i wouldnt be staying, but then again im not up there and have no expierence on it, i just dont see why people cant leave their houses though. The thing is going to be bloody huge and destructive

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OK, so can anyone staying tell me why they think the "she'll be right mate" attitude applies to winds of up to 320kph?

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
I am glad I am not up there thats for sure. Stay safe people. Oh and what do people think of David Kosh, Carl Stefonovic and their crews deliberatly putting themselves in the cyclones path? Darwin awards in the making?