Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais-V head unit intermittently turning off

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Hey,

Did a search on this and found a lots of info on just the LCD turning off but the unit still working, but only a few of topics on the head unit and HVAC completely turning off. So I'm after a bit more info.

This morning I was driving with the radio on then the whole center console turned off, no lights on anything and the radio went off. I stopped at the supermarket, car off, went shopping, came back and it was still dead. After getting to work I went out to the car and found that it all was working again.

Now, I've read that there can be bad contacts or something and to remove the unit and refit to see if that corrects the problem. I've also read that there is a software update, does anyone have more info on this? My local Holden dealer doesn't have a Holden mechanic, only some mobile mechanic contracted to come in and do their work so I'd like to have as much info on the update as possible before going there and being told there is no such fix.

Also, if anyone knows of any other solutions, please let me know.