Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V - V6 vs V8

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
Cheers RED LION. She's getting the interior deep cleaned and Opticoat protected Monday and Tuesday - after that I'll look into Beasley's :)

SP112233

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais and VF Redline
Just my opinion on this old thread for future buyers. It really depends on what you like or don't like. For me, the VF1 V8 calais is great value compared to the VF2 - you get a CD player, better horn, flex fuel, rear cup holders, AFM, stealth sounding exhaust (my preference for 5am start ups), 10-15k cheaper mid 5's 0-100. If you're going to modify it with a cam, I especially don't see any point in the VF2 6.2L. When you change a cam in the 6L, it basically becomes an LS3 with 0.2L less (about 5rwkw). In saying all that, if the car will remain 100% stock and you want a louder exhaust, the VF2 may be for you if you want to pay the extra price and sacrifice the above mentioned items. I also think a VF1 V8 is good value over the V6 if you can find one in the mid-high $20k price range.