Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam to stall and diff

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
Oh well you have a lot of very good ideas im going back to doing my own thing as I always have. Have fun stroking your 45 at night thats a big turbo on a ls1 so where did the rest of your horses go out of the top paddock?

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Lmfao wow you are a toey bugger... Chill out

1.I think he's more getting at the inside of the boost pipe rusting due to condensation for starters, not really the external surfaces
2.There Is very little stable airflow undee your mosern car whilst its 'pushing' through the 'air' at highway speeds, its not being pushed down by the wind, thats a pretty simple concept.
3.600rwhp is over double the standard output of an ls1, and the rest of his ponies probably escaped through his big stall and glide..
4. You didn't really properly answer my legitimate questions from my earlier post, you ask others to 'do their research' and yet it would seem that you have not done your own in regards to your setup. You have splashed out and bought a good fuel pump and bov, but skimped on your wastegate, which does a more important job than your bov in terms of safe engine operation, and your planning on running injectors that are inadequately sized and expensive to replace.
5. A turbine housing gets really hot, what do you expect to happen when water mists up onto it or splashes up of the rear wheel?
6.Are you changing from an NA cam to a boost cam, or are you happy with your shetlands escaping through your exhaust valve.

Impress us all with a well thought out answer...
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
The only reason I said look it up is there is a lot of stuff on ls1tec whitch I must admit I did not state. If I was to write it all up id be along time when if you really were interested you could go and read and it would have none of the spelling mitakes that I will give you in a post. As for waist gate I have a few friend that have this external housing with all the genuine hks gt2 bit in the middle as I have done and they have no problems with them. As for water on the turbine it has a benie on it so water will not contact the hot side directly if that was to happen and its not like it is getting dunked in a full bucket of water it qould be more of a mist but its the last car i use if its raining ill take the astra if it rains as thia is just a toy.The intake pipe being out of mild steel pipe. To be honnest if it works well I will just take it of and get one made out od ally as it disperses heat the best. As for the intercooler it holds a lot of coolent and has a massive radiator for it and to be honnest a lot of yanks just use 2 trans coolers linked up so I have gone over kill in that department. The spark plugs are easy to change it suprised me and nothing got removed to do it.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Like I said ill do my own thing and to this point its all still in one peice oh and please explain how this is the wrong turbo before you go ?

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Research? Most of us have done research on rearmount setups at some stage or another.. Turbo size and cam specs are supwr super critical in a rearmount setup to counter lag, and make power.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
You are dead right there I agree. A lot comes down to rear housing being right and what you plan to do with the car

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
As for the stainless where do you drive your car as most zorst systems are mild steel.

But in this instance it's not an exhaust it's you intercooler pipe, and it's not something you want to deteriorate.

There won't be a vaccumn but there will be more still air then you think under there.

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Oh well you have a lot of very good ideas im going back to doing my own thing as I always have. Have fun stroking your 45 at night thats a big turbo on a ls1 so where did the rest of your horses go out of the top paddock?

A 45 is common on these motors. It's proven that its a good size and works well. Especially with the right cam.

It's not that big tho. ???