Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camaro Brembo brake upgrade on VE SS

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Wow I am really amazed how many people are scared of there insurance company, I have had cars with more mods than this and they have always been happy to payout. Might be a different story if you kill someone though. GSLrally have front are rear discs for dirt cheap at the moment and have custom rear rotors made with a different wiper slot to suit there pads. I see there are of people are buying these calipers brand new from the states (Camaro/CTS-V) But does anyone know from where? I found this place but I typed in what I though was the correct p/n but at this price it cant be correct for one brand new Brembo caliper 89047742 - GM CALIPER I also need pin kit and bolts. If I can buy the parts new I might even use CTS-V front calipers and Camaro rears (even though I believe the rears are the same, I have seen these bolted on) Does anyone have P/n's for Camaro and CTS-v calipers, pin kits and bolts. I will just use the four spots at the moment then I might upgrade to 6 spots and sell on the fronts as a kit. The Chevy logo will be removed.......

It's not just insurance, it's the possibilty weakening that area if you don't drill perfectly... something i'm not prepared to mess with.

See below, a lot of time saved for anyone looking into this with part numbers :)

CTS-V 04-07:
1 X Front Caliper – 89047726
1 X Front Caliper – 89047727
1 X Rear Caliper – 89047742
1 X Rear Caliper – 89047743
2 X Caliper pin kit - 89047711
2 X Caliper pin kit – 89047728
4 X Caliper bolt – 11515778 (I went these bolts as they are slightly shorter than what everyone in the states runs which means you don't need to pack in washers)

Discs:
DBA42604sL/R <-- front redline slotted
DBA42031sLS/R <-- rear HSV slotted

Pads:
Front: Anything that fits a 04-07 CTS-V, 09 G8 GXP (Redline), 2010-2012 Camaro SS
Rear: Anything that fits a 04-2012 CTS-V, or 2010-2012 Camaro SS (but requirs about 3mm trimmed for overhang)

If you want a super reliable person to deal with in the US, I went through Greg as Paceperformace. Gave me some great advice and always got straight back to me. Took 1.5 weeks for him to get the parts and post to my door. PM me for his direct e-mail if you want.

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
cheers for the pn, just saved me a lot of time. I have contacted Greg at pace performance and have acquired a very good on 4 and 6 spot front calipers. There is another question that you might be able to help me with. If I used the CTS-V 6 spot calipers is the front disc the same as the HSV models?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I have just put fronts on using slotted dba 4000 rotors.

I have been dealing a lot with Greg at Pace for the last few days and am ordering a few sets of rears for people. GSL are supplying me the correct dba 4000 rotor to match the front. It is a HSV rotor which needs to be re-cast to have the standard slots not the arced slots on the normal HSV ones. Have a look at the thread in the VE ride section for my car and it will show the fronts.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 X Caliper bolt – 11515778 (I went these bolts as they are slightly shorter than what everyone in the states runs which means you don't need to pack in washers)

How well did these bolts work. Im getting these rear Brembos but need the correct bolts.

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Haven't fitted. Pace performance in the US that sells kits etc told me to use the front shorter bolts and had pictures showing the difference.
Looks like everyone uses the existing bolts for the rears

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
That part number is actually a Holden part number for front redline brembos. That's what I've ordered from my Holden dealer

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 328RWkW 3.9 LSD Rip Shifter
I have upgraded my front rotors and callipers on the VE with the 'Holmart' Brembo upgrade which i believe is the same as the Camaro front brakes (4 spot brembos with 355mm rotors).

It was a simple swap that took me just over an hour, the callipers should bolt on to the original mounts as the holes should line up. Use a soft faced mallet to shake the rotor loose as they can get stuck on with water and surface rust.

The VE uses the same master cylinder in v6 and v8 version, so there is no real issue there as some previous models. I dont know about the rear brake swap though.

Best of luck.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
My fronts are on already. I'm talking about the brembo rears I have ordered

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
So my rear calipers, pads, pins etc arrived from the states today. Need to paint and then on the car. What I understand with the pads/rotor issue is that the pads overhang slightly. You can get them trimmed (or GSL is going to sell them already trimmed) but you don't have to. I do know you are meant to swap the crossover pipe and nipples but again I don't believe this completely necessary