Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber help

blseye

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN 5.7
after doing more phoning around i found out that no one i spoke to recommends the nolethane (A) kits (2 bolts per bush) as they tend to strip the bolts and can come loose on sl+ cars
was told the K-mac were supposedly the best you can get and offer more camber adjustment than others.
The superpro kits are the best of the cheaper options according to one guy ,but he also said if money didnt matter go the K-mac.
I decided to take the nolethane (A) kits back then get the K-mac one instead(on advice) but before i did i called sprints to see if they had them (they didnt) they threw me a curve ball by then saying (after i told them why i wanted to bring them back that nolethane are aware of the issue with the (A) kits and now do an evolution kit which is for sl+ cars and is one bolt system)
I said thanks but no thanks (they were only about $10 more each kit)i should have been offered that in the first place as i told them i was lowering it.
got the k-mac kit from repco $330 dont know if it will be any better than the others but whats another $100 if it doesnt strip bolts or come loose?
k-mac kit comes with bush remover if you want to try yourself.
Prices to fit the kit alone varied from $300, $320 $360, $450:bomb:

Swampy88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I have the same problem with my VX ss. Does anyone know a good place in Brisbane where I can get this fixed without getting ripped off?

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
there is another method of fixing the camber issue
lot more stuffing around though ,similar cost IF you can do the work yourself !

vx series 2 and above use a different cradle and control arms than VT and VX series one ..........they have the control link fitted that corrects the camber issue
change diff cradle and control arms .............find a wrecker and buy the diff cradle and control arms !

J@m3$

Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VZ SVZ Ute
thanks for every ones help bloody legends!

due to breaking my hand im thinking of selling the car. anyone interested?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I am in WA. I can send it over to you. Sorry to hear about your hand, if you still want the kit let me know.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
G'day.

i was hoping there is someone out there who can help me with a camber kit or adjustment of camber on my vx berlina. i keep on cheewing the inside wall out of my tyres and its getting worse and worse. any help would be great. cheers.

go to tyre power n get a wheel alinement.

pretty simple really

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
go to tyre power n get a wheel alinement.

pretty simple really

Well it's not if there is nothing in the rear to adjust.
He is talking about getting a camber kit, which adjusts the rear wheel alignment through camber and toe adjustments, the VX series 2 onwards cradle also does this through the control link/toe adjuster.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
G'day.

i was hoping there is someone out there who can help me with a camber kit or adjustment of camber on my vx berlina. i keep on cheewing the inside wall out of my tyres and its getting worse and worse. any help would be great. cheers.

Well it's not if there is nothing in the rear to adjust.
He is talking about getting a camber kit, which adjusts the rear wheel alignment through camber and toe adjustments, the VX series 2 onwards cradle also does this through the control link/toe adjuster.

still ask your local tyre shop or use the search button there's about 100 threads each week on camber kits

Also VX s2 have camber kit factory!!! which he has

Last edited: