Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can any body work out the problem and how to go by fixing it please?

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
my motor has too personalitys, one minute its running like a dream when it starts up too when i turn off the motor then some times (happens quite often now) It will be running sweet then all of a sudden the alternator light will come on and it will start iddling really bad if i dont keeep the revs up it will stall while driving (coming up to a traffic light or no exceleration)sometimes it will just kick over but seem like the battery flat sometimes kick over no worrys. Usually only when the alternator light is on when taking off from a traffic light or complete stop it seeems like the clutch is stuck half or 3/4 way down while excelerating (my car is auto by the way)and will move off real slow like its nearly missing etc.. then maybe 5mins or maybe a hour of driving with it like that it will just start running perfect again..
Vr V6, 3'' inch high flow exhaust and manifold, manifold built for my model motor supercharge (havnt yet been able to put on my vortech kit yet so im driving it stock) no other mods (new alternator, new trans and auto clutch been put in thinking that was the errors) (year a half ago rebuild motor)
Can any body help me with this, it seems every time i take to mechanic it runs perfect and cant diagnose the problems...?? any ideas
THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE
Corey

Last edited:

Ms Stato

And?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato 5.0L
My old mans car did this and it was a blown head gasket.... another mate had similar probs to your sand it was the crank angle sensor...

take your pick... could be many things!

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
the head gasket only just been done.. and new crank angle sensor

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
*Brand new alternator and it did the same with old one. no difference
only thing i can think of and that is the wiring harness i took off and replaced with another from the wreckers i did it bit by bit following the old one maybe i did something wrong there.
*also another thought could be the alarm was fully takin out and rewired etc..
*or the super charge manifold that is designed for super charges because im running the stock v6 motor still untill i can afford to put whole kit on

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
seems to me nobody no's ive asked mechanics takin it to mechanic after mechanic.. and ask person after person and no one can work out the problem or it wont play up when the person is looking at it.. so they think im making it up or something and say the alternator seems to be running ok etc

zZBaLLeRzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
to make it easier to work out.. it will run all good perfect and then all of sudden drop the revs and drain battery an if i dont have the excelleration on will conk out.. then for some reason alt light will show the fuel gauge that usually work fine will not have enough power and needle will go down to near empty.. also plays with the trans or automatic clutch like its stuck 3/4 of the way on while excelerating from a complete stop etc.. if the alt light shows most of the time means if it stalls that battery will be flat.. then after a short or long period of time will just click start charging and be fine.. i cant work it out?? it seems each time i go to show someone pro it wont stuff up on me please any ideas would be much appreciated
corey

VK1981

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina
sounds like you need to redo electrics something wrong with that