Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can anyone shed some light on this problem

shafycat

shaffycat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok I have a 2006 VE berlina which I bought second hand from a dealer on the other side of town... hubby's fault :idea3:
anyway within the 1st 12 months of having it I noticed that the engine warning light and the stability control light warning light are faulty. the engine warning light comes on intermittently while driving or even just on turning on the car and the light stays one until you turn off the car... the same with the stability one... will go off at the drop of a hat... driving straight, driving around a corner... even when I'm slowing down at the lights... as you can imagine this is driving me and anyone else in the car crazy

also noticed that very often the whole radio console blanks out and I loose my radio .... have found that by banging the side of the console or pushing the front of the console sometimes seems to get it going again but again not a good feature at all.... it's like there is a loose connection and driving on the road tends to loosen it over time

I've had the warning light problem looked at twice now and it was fixed for a little while but only lasted about 2 months then started all over again and as you can imagine it's a pain to get it looked at each time and be without a car for a day etc etc.

has anyone had this problem and if so what was the fault... ? is this something that they can't fix properly as I am not happy and it won't be a selling feature if we want to trade the car in one day down the track

any help much appreciated

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
If possible try a new battery, don't go out and buy a new one as it may make no difference maybe borrow one, but from what i have read on here it could be pointing to your battery being stuffed.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Faulty BCM maybe? or a dodgy GMLAN cable heading in to your HU. I know from experience that if a GMLAN wire is grounding out it will throw every code in the book.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
That is a good point, try that first.
If possible try a new battery, don't go out and buy a new one as it may make no difference maybe borrow one, but from what i have read on here it could be pointing to your battery being stuffed.

shafycat

shaffycat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
thanks all... will give that a try as it is really annoying. even had the car serviced yesterday by our local mechanics but didn't mention it as I needed it back by the end of the day but might get them to look into it next service

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Do you know if the battery has ever been replaced? they normally only last 3-4 years tops. I noticed mine was struggling to turn the engine over after 3.5 years so i replaced it.

shafycat

shaffycat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Do you know if the battery has ever been replaced? they normally only last 3-4 years tops. I noticed mine was struggling to turn the engine over after 3.5 years so i replaced it.

oh ok... that's a point don't know if it's the original battery but will get my boys to check it out for me.

rumper

Reaction score
Website
www.brewersupplies.com.au
Members Ride
VF Maloo
Have had this problem before. And Holden won't acknowledge it.
Does your car seem to use any oil? Take the black air intake duct off the throttle body, check inside , is it full of oil?
The oil is getting sucked in thru the intake and fouling your sensors. Don't ask me how it sets off the stability control but it does.
Clean the oil out and reset the code and the problem should be gone till it fills with oil again. The oil is sucking up thru the pipe that comes from the back of your right side rocker cover. Let me know how it goes

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Gee when I 1st took the throttle off I freaked lol.

rumper

Reaction score
Website
www.brewersupplies.com.au
Members Ride
VF Maloo
Dont need to take the throttle body off, just the air duct and look inside the air duct, if its got a lot of oil in it just clean it all out and cleean inside the throttle body.
You need to reset the code if you have access to a scan tool