Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can i make it Ported

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
photo.jpgHi
I got this fiberglass sub enclosure with a type S sub running in it. the sub runs pretty gud and hits good bass but when i open the boot i can hear PHAR!! PHAR!! PHAR!! kinda noise from the sub.

I thought if i could make a hole in the enclosure to let the extra air out . or i should replace the sub with a shallow depth sub . i dont want a huge wooden enclosure ,as i use the boot a bit.

If you guys suggest a shallow depth sub , then could could you guys recommend me any ...

i would be installing 2 of these enclosure on both sides and would be running of a Alpine MRP1000 amp.

thanks alot
guys
View attachment 150598

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry cant figure out , how to rotate the pic

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
That noise the sub is making is not normal..
You can't just cut a hole in a box and call it ported
A ported box must be built to the correct volume and port volume to achieve a certain tuning frequency, it's not just a sealed box with a hole cut in it.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
So i shud look into a shallow depth sub.... to make some room for the air inside..

97VTSS

View attachment 150599Hi
I got this fiberglass sub enclosure with a type S sub running in it. the sub runs pretty gud and hits good bass but when i open the boot i can hear PHAR!! PHAR!! PHAR!! kinda noise from the sub.

I thought if i could make a hole in the enclosure to let the extra air out . or i should replace the sub with a shallow depth sub . i dont want a huge wooden enclosure ,as i use the boot a bit.

If you guys suggest a shallow depth sub , then could could you guys recommend me any ...

i would be installing 2 of these enclosure on both sides and would be running of a Alpine MRP1000 amp.

thanks alot
guys
View attachment 150598

Try retuning it. maybe adjust the boost and gain and or the frequency.
If you have a sub ajustment on your head unit set it down low and the adjust the gain and so-on on the amp.
Dunno if its the right way to do it, but I just did mine and it got rid of a lot of vibration.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
I already had it tuned from hu but when i go too low on setting , i miss on bass

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, still cant find a way...
Even if had to run a shallow sub ,can i run 2 kickker 10cvt124 sub of my amp. Can i run them at 2ohms...? Sry total nob with audio stuff

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Is the sub the issue or the box? A lot of those pre-made fibreglass boxes are very weak with only a couple layers of fibre.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
i agree with that...when the box came ,,was very weak but then i had the base redone and inside as well