Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the Cam?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Odd, as my cam is similar spec and i get no pushing. Only annoying thing is when you're crawling in traffic with the foot off the brake it does jerk a bit.
Yeah its not excessive push I drove my ss for about six momth with the cam and standard TC but in traffic what you describe drives me nuts especially in a motor with a bit of a stick in it. Even a small stall ugrade would make it more comfortable in traffic. If you dont have this problem I evny you.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
That's probably significantly better economy than you will get here in NZ, we don't have the long stretches of motorways that are most economical.

Not to mention your disgraceful fuel prices..

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Not to mention your disgraceful fuel prices..
Yea no kidding mate!! Having said that I put 3 months rego on my VE SS the other day it cost me a grand total of $25 so there’s some give and take

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Yea no kidding mate!! Having said that I put 3 months rego on my VE SS the other day it cost me a grand total of $25 so there’s some give and take

Well that more than makes up for it then! Do you guys still have to buy diesel kms over there?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, still buy diesel Km's here. I did the rego on our's just before xmas and it was about $100 for a year IIRC and to think, the majority of that cost is ACC levies (which will most likely be going up again soon).

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
So after talking with local shop and trying to figure out best cam for my car. Suggestion is I go for a 228/236 with either 112 or 113 lobe with .600 lift.
Is anyone running this as seems not the most common cam. My aim is for mid range power.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
So after talking with local shop and trying to figure out best cam for my car. Suggestion is I go for a 228/236 with either 112 or 113 lobe with .600 lift.
Is anyone running this as seems not the most common cam. My aim is for mid range power.
Well is a massive duration, not needed unless you’re racing upper mid to upper.
Likely a handful cruising.