Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can the software on a VF Infotainment system be upgraded say with Apple Car?

pwarren3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
I have a VF Evoke 2014 model. The infotainment system isn't bad but already other makes are coming out with Apple Car and Android systems and some are upgradable as new updates come out just like your phone. I wondered if anyone knew if this unit can be updated? Cheers. Love my Holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss-v redline sedan.
I beg to differ -- well, sort of... the software which generally sucks arse can be fully replaced if you are willing to replace the entire unit.

I had it installed into my VF SSV Redline. Had to totally rip out the MyLink System - good riddance. (DC Garage in Clayton did it). they had to use some fancy wiring and custom fascia but installed a Pioneer AVIC F70-DAB into it. Works with both Android Auto and Apple Car play. have used both and always use one or the other. i prefer Android Auto as their maps are better. All system settings are there in the settings of the HU thanks to some kind of expensive module they bought for it

http://ausdroid.net/2016/08/10/review-pioneer-avic-f70dab-android-auto/ This is my writeup of it- i have since replaced the cream dash but this is the fascia etc.

As for Advanced Ice I hear a lot of people are having issues with their installs of it on a couple of facebook groups but havent used it myself.

20160730_105958-730x411.jpg

Last edited:

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I beg to differ -- well, sort of... the software which generally sucks arse can be fully replaced if you are willing to replace the entire unit.

I had it installed into my VF SSV Redline. Had to totally rip out the MyLink System - good riddance. (DC Garage in Clayton did it). they had to use some fancy wiring and custom fascia but installed a Pioneer AVIC F70-DAB into it. Works with both Android Auto and Apple Car play. have used both and always use one or the other. i prefer Android Auto as their maps are better. All system settings are there in the settings of the HU thanks to some kind of expensive module they bought for it

http://ausdroid.net/2016/08/10/review-pioneer-avic-f70dab-android-auto/ This is my writeup of it- i have since replaced the cream dash but this is the fascia etc.

As for Advanced Ice I hear a lot of people are having issues with their installs of it on a couple of facebook groups but havent used it myself.

View attachment 188757

Does the climate control still display on the screen? Everything still displays on the screen as it did before? This is really interesting.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Does it still work with the HUD?

pwarren3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Wagon
Thanks heaps guys. I really appreciate your responses. BTW do these systems also play music? LOL