Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can vn parts go into a vr?(motor, trans, suspension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
Hey, I've got a VN commodore as a First car as i am only 16, it has a 3inch exhaust with Extractors, Lowered 2inches with King Springs, limited slip diff and the motor is a Reco and goes very fast together with the HSV ECU put in the car. This is all good and well but i just bought a VR with either a shot Trans or Engine. Its completely stock. So my question is can i put all the exhaust, springs, diff on the car and change the motor and trans from the VN to the VR??

My dad says No because the VN's are slightly different and the motor and **** wouldnt fit, but i thought i would get a second opinion coz i see alot of parts on the internet labeled "VN VP VR VS"

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated because i have to get rid of one of the cars asap..

beendoneover

Reaction score
Members Ride
was a VQ caprice 5.0L
Ok, been here before but the opposite way round. I put a vr motor in a vn using the original vn gearbox and vn computer. To go from vn to vr the wiring harness will vary slightly and the plug for the auto box is different from vn-vr. So provided you swap all wiring from the vn to the vr you shouldn't have a problem. as for diff etc depends on the setup under the vr is it irs?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
theres no need to post the same thing in 2 different ares. both threads have been answered now...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
as said, cross posting is neither allowed or needed on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.