Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can worn Strut mounts be causing check power train light on?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Who’s there?
Oh Krap, just noticed you are the same person here on the coast with the leaking power steer cooler tube.
This vehicle sounds like it needs a bit of a look over by someone who knows their stuff and is not out to bleed you dry.
Of course one would have to say good luck with that.
The problem I have found on the coast is there are not many mechanics here who know, or even care about VZ's hence my mention in your other post about the wrecker/mechanic at Nambour.
Anything easy they are fine but anything where they have to put in a bit of effort and thinking leaves a lot to be desired.
There is an older bloke in Wises Rd/Kayleigh Drive but last time I was near his shop (visiting the stainless bolt shop next door) there was a van fell off his hoist.
Not a good recommendation.
What part of the coast are you located ?

Last edited:

NicoleVZ06UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ My06 UTE
Oh Krap, just noticed you are the same person here on the coast with the leaking power steer cooler tube.
This vehicle sounds like it needs a bit of a look over by someone who knows their stuff and is not out to bleed you dry.
Of course one would have to say good luck with that.
The problem I have found on the coast is there are not many mechanics here who know, or even care about VZ's hence my mention in your other post about the wrecker/mechanic at Nambour.
Anything easy they are fine but anything where they have to put in a bit of effort and thinking leaves a lot to be desired.
There is an older bloke in Wises Rd/Kayleigh Drive but last time I was near his shop (visiting the stainless bolt shop next door) there was a van fell off his hoist.
Not a good recommendation.
What part of the coast are you located ?
Yes exactly, I have trust issues with mechanics as they all seem to hate Holden’s which means I pay more as it means they don’t know what they are doing. I’m In Beerwah currently and yes always looking for someone who knows their Holden’s. I like to do stuff correctly and with genuine parts where I can or at least when they are parts that don’t need replacing regularly.
I had the struts and suspension replaced due to knocking noise that went for about 2 months after replaced suspension but now is back and they say “maybe” control arm?? I’ve tried so many times to squeeze under my can and put my arm in every spot conceivable to grab and try and rattle something but can’t find it. And the alarm that goes off saying check power train comes up on the computer thing as fuel vapour and is now on all the time but used to stop going off when I filled right up with fuel. And yes now the power steering rack has rusted through so getting a transmission cooler fitted instead as it’s what my only trusted Holden parts guy said they used to do as coolers were hard to get even back when Holden existed.
By all means, if anyone knows a Holden specific mechanic anywhere sunny coast who takes pride in jumping the gun on things before sh@t hits the fan then I’m all up for their contact details. No shoddy, need insured person etc as I carry my precious cargo with me. Shes getting in and stuff just gets old but a constant reliable mechanic who at least likes and understands Holden’s would be nice for once.