Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Canberra drivers - rip off your rego label!!

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
People get so passionate about the darnedest things :). The only problem I have with rego labels is when they don't come off clean, but since NSW changed the legislation, when I register my car again in December the label comes off for the last time. And you know what? I will think about it no more or less than I do right now :p

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I've never forgotten to pay rego, but when it costs about $1200 to register a V8 Commodore in Qld, I like as much notice as possible
and then there's nearly $700 for the ute and around $400 for the bike
A rego label is a constant reminder. If you just have one car then it's a lot easier to remember when your rego is coming up.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
You're in WA, right? You guys haven't had rego labels for 3 and a half years. How many times has this been an issue to you?

Last week as I drove to S.A, I had to access online banking and see when I last paid Transport WA. As for work, it did happen to me when I worked for Integrated in Pt Hedland, I noticed the cars we were given had run out of
Rego by the label, office girls don't have a clue. Guess who the cops would blame, me the driver or Gladys the office chick?
Getting rid of rego stickers simply a cost saving measure that's not passed on to us. I certainly hope your renewal notices don't get lost in the post because the cops new cameras tell them your cars not registered.

15 years ago I came home to find a car in my drive, I jotted down the rego plate number and the rego Label serial number, I went to the front door and then the car took off out my drive way, I had been broken into. I reported the plate number and label serial number too the cops, they said it had stolen plates but the label serial number allowed them to identify the car. Now you can't do this.

Last edited:

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Less stickers on my windows makes my car look cleaner and nicer. I got a notification 6 weeks in advance of my rego being due so for me the sticker serves no purpose.

Must be an ugly car if all it takes is removing a tiny sticker from your windscreen makes it look nicer.

Seems the advantage of no rego sticker is : my car look gud
Disadvantage of no rego sticker is: unable to easily verify car your about to drive is registered (possible fine, loss
of license) unable to identify vehicle if its fitted with stolen plates.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If there's one date I never forget it's when my rego's due. In fact I renewed it on Saturday, online, printed off the receipt, put it in my glovebox and then stuck a reminder on Gmail and my work Outlook.

Everyone carrying on about using a plastic and paper sticker as some sort of gospel on registration kind of gob smacks me. Have you ever seen a forgery? Easy as, any clown with Internet, craft sticky paper (right colour) and a bubble jet printer can swing it to fool most folk. Using the govie database over SSL is the only way I'll accept irrefutable proof.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Everyone carrying on about using a plastic and paper sticker as some sort of gospel on registration kind of gob smacks me. Have you ever seen a forgery? Easy as, any clown with Internet, craft sticky paper (right colour) and a bubble jet printer can swing it to fool most folk. Using the govie database over SSL is the only way I'll accept irrefutable proof.

No, I have never seen a forged registration label, what would be the point of an assclown forging one, it wouldn't fool a cop and result in a further fine/court appearance. You might remember when yours is due, what about the idiot that forgets or doesn't realise the car isn't registered because no sticker and slams into your rear end, what would you do then when you get out of hospital (no rego = no insurance) Stickers were an added form of protection which have been stopped by the state governments to save money.

dafuqs wrong with rego labels? "they make my car look better" lol, its gonna take a lot more than a rego label to make it look nice. "i have to scrape the old one off" learn how to remove a sticker :p

Yeah, never heard of putting a damp sponge on it for 5 minutes and taking it off in one clean piece. Scraping :banstick: ha ha ha

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
also when you drive a car that you don't own eg company car, friends car - you can't check if it's registered or not before you drive it.
And guess who gets the fine for driving an unregistered car ? The driver, not the owner....