Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Canberra drivers - rip off your rego label!!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No, I have never seen a forged registration label, what would be the point of an assclown forging one, it wouldn't fool a cop and result in a further fine/court appearance. You might remember when yours is due, what about the idiot that forgets or doesn't realise the car isn't registered because no sticker and slams into your rear end, what would you do then when you get out of hospital (no rego = no insurance) Stickers were an added form of protection which have been stopped by the state governments to save money.

You probably wouldn't know if you had and it was only ever going to cause issues if you got Johnny Hopper attention. In passing, parked, RBT etc a forgery would do fine. Since RAPID became mainstream I agree it's absolutely pointless.

I have insurance mate and my car is registered. So as undesirable as it is, I pay an excess and move on with my life, the idiot can deal with all those fun repercussions and potentially me suing him, but what's the point? He's an idiot.

So much for a simple 'passing on some info to people in my state' thread. Wow, I shouldn't have bothered.

Haha, don't let it get you down, it's the Australian way to find an excuse and take limited responsibility. It's only my opinion but all the arguments against are just weak-sauce whining aside the cross state shenanigans. Man I just used the ACT rego check mobile site and it was so ridiculously easy, if I felt inclined I'd knock up a widget to run scheduled checks on mobile devices with alerts, but I'm sure someone's already on the job. This absolutely KILLS a sticker IMO, this is how I'd like to check the status of a car my kid is getting into - from the horses database.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
SA have an app that reminds you (and can also pay, and view any rego to see if its rego'd)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
What happens if you travel to a state where they are required?

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
dafuqs wrong with rego labels? "they make my car look better" lol, its gonna take a lot more than a rego label to make it look nice. "i have to scrape the old one off" learn how to remove a sticker :p

man, i hope this idea never reaches vic.

I knew it was coming and was going to comment yesterday with a "dunno when but it'll come to VIC!" then hear on the Radio today as of January we will no longer have to have them!.

What happens if you travel to a state where they are required?

They did pull over my friend not long after SA introduced it when she travelled to VIC for that reason. not sure if states had to make changes to legislation for it or if most cops just ignored it for obvious reasons.

dazadude

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais Auto LS1
nm........