Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAPA SuperCharger kits

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hey guys, im thinking of going forced induction for my VT ecotec I only want 7-10psi. Ive been reading up on the capa kits and they look the best bang for buck CAPA : Supercharger Kits

Some queries though, how does the ecotec hold up all round ? with a vortech kit

Can you fit it yourself? whats involved?

My budget is about 5k so this kit looks ideal, or is there any better deals out there?

thanks

cano1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS stateo 5ltr
there are also raptor kits that seem good, a few people on here have them so look into them aswell, its worth a look

Raptor Superchargers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Hey guys, im thinking of going forced induction for my VT ecotec I only want 7-10psi. Ive been reading up on the capa kits and they look the best bang for buck CAPA : Supercharger Kits

Some queries though, how does the ecotec hold up all round ? with a vortech kit

Can you fit it yourself? whats involved?

My budget is about 5k so this kit looks ideal, or is there any better deals out there?

thanks

A while ago I got photos from my mate of a capa supercharger fitted to an ecotec. It was a mess. I'd stick with Raptor as they are proven performers and I haven't heard of a major stuff up yet.

WannaBaDrifter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6 S1
Hello People New 2 forum. Hope it doesn't look like I'm just jumping in to things straight away. I'm looking for a place in or around Melbourne that sells the GMH Supercharger 4 the ECOTEC V6 Engine or similar pretty much just want a bolt on. Don't trust Ebay

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ But "the GMH Supercharger" if you mean the one that comes with the factory supercharged v6.... its not "just going to bolt on" to you ecotec...

The l36(ecotec, your engine) and l67(super6) are a fairly different engine and your ecotec will have issues with that charger...

I would go with the "Or similar" option... Raptor, Yella Terra and CAPA all do kits for the ecotec. Raptor is solid and proven but you might have fun trying to explain the snail hanging of the side of your engine to Mr.Plod while the YT kit is a top mount setup so its looks more factory.

I would NOT buy it off ebay... your going to need alot of professional support to get it all tuned properly and happy.

Get in touch with the Raptor boys and the YT boys... Also if you do a search there is a thread that has a very detailed story of how the Raptor boys charger a VY ecotec with some nice results.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
SPEAK TO RAPTOR S/C OUR FORUM SPONSOR HERE IS THERE KIT.

Commodore VS - VT 3.8L V6 Kits

Very high end supercharger systems for the Holden V6, the Raptor systems are unmatched in developing terrific power gains for a reasonable price. A polished supercharger is optional if you need your ride to be looking great in the underbonnet zone.

All tuning for VS - VT professionally provided by Electronic Automotive of Victoria

As a side note we recommend all automatic tranmission cars being fitted with Raptor should have a Stage 1 shift kit installed for best transmission performance.

These systems are not matched for performance for $$$ by any other system available.

Features

1. Simple fitting
  2. Pro Street most powerful base system in Aus
  3. Very quiet and strong throttle response
  4. Excellent torque increase
  5. Excellent cruise fuel economy
  6. Low manifold temps when on boost
  7. DIY in half a day
  8. Super Street system is recommended for drift competitions
  9. The biggest adrenalin rush you can possibly get
  10. Most simple to fit SC system for Holden V6
  11. Out powers all other blower systems on power per psi
  12. Supercharger has plenty excess capacity for stroker motors
  13. Parts included
  14. Raptor V Supercharger unit
  15. 6 x 36lb injectors
  16. 6 x Iridium Spark plugs
  17. Brackets and pipework
  18. Coil relocation bracket/s
  19. Pod filter
  20. Tuned Memcal included
  21. Silicone hose connections
  22. All stainless clamps
  23. Polished light weight alloy boost pipes
  24. Heavy duty unbreakable Supercharger mounting brackets
  25. New drive belt for engine and SC

Description: Kw @ Rear Wheels

Pro Street 180 RWKW 8.5 PSI
Pro Street intercooled 205 RWKW 9.7 PSI
Super Street 11 PSI

Raptor Superchargers

LJS-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY6 Ute
ive heard nothing but trouble from bolt on kits running any more than 7psi. go with the top mounts from someone like yella terra, get the right kits and parts and you will pull some crazy power from your engine. If you wanna turn the ecotec into the factory charger engine yella terra also have all the parts to do this pretty much not alot of difference at all

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
ive heard nothing but trouble from bolt on kits running any more than 7psi. go with the top mounts from someone like yella terra, get the right kits and parts and you will pull some crazy power from your engine. If you wanna turn the ecotec into the factory charger engine yella terra also have all the parts to do this pretty much not alot of difference at all

you need to go and read some of the threads in the raptor section and some of the member rides. there are plenty of people with bolt on raptor kits at 9psi making very good power and living happily for a long time

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I agree with LJS-UTE. The bolt ons that at the front of the motor, i believe people are having some issues with them. Raptors strength is their re tuned chip they supply which is pretty good deal. Means your car is tuned/drivable from the word go.

But i would rather go with the top mounted supercharger, like the YT one or the Whipple etc. They are apparently more reliable, less backfires, but yes the Raptor probably produces the most power. I also want to run mine on LPG, and apparently the Raptors can do so as well, but the top mount setup with fix the lpg mixer etc much easier. I cant see where there is any room to put anything else with the Raptor and CAPA charger.