Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

capped schedule services

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Doesn't the Holden website show the next price service for your vehicle?
Sure does and I got the prices for the rest of my services to , just didn’t get why a 75k km service is $299 and the 30k km service was $239 when both services were the same it’s like paying$1.29 a litre for 98 petrol and then going to the next suburb and it’s $3 a litre for 98 same petrol ,same job

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Sure does and I got the prices for the rest of my services to , just didn’t get why a 75k km service is $299 and the 30k km service was $239 when both services were the same it’s like paying$1.29 a litre for 98 petrol and then going to the next suburb and it’s $3 a litre for 98 same petrol ,same job
As I mentioned prior Holden not subsidizing dealer as much for servicing costs.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Big Red VF SII wrote:
" and also did not secure the radiator cowling with the scrivets (no idea why the fascia was even removed when all they were replacing at the time was the PCV hose!). "
Here may be a reason...
Previous car and not Holden. Dropped the car off for a regular service. They decided to replace the radiator hoses. Managed to break the top hose mount on the radiator (plastic). Called me. Told me it was cracked anyway. I argued it was 100% ok and the car was only about a year old!
Anyway, I said I needed the car to go away the next day (Friday) and it was their problem.
They tried. Couldn't get a new radiator in time. None around the wreckers. They "could" get mine fixed, but not before the weekend. They called me on the Friday (car left there overnight).
All sorted! Great. I called in late on the Friday, yep radiator replaced. I asked how did they get it, They said they had borrowed a radiator from another customer's car! And that customer wasn't going to collect their car until the following Wednesday...
Maybe that's why your radiator covering was not put back correctly!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Big Red VF SII wrote:
" and also did not secure the radiator cowling with the scrivets (no idea why the fascia was even removed when all they were replacing at the time was the PCV hose!). "
Here may be a reason...
Previous car and not Holden. Dropped the car off for a regular service. They decided to replace the radiator hoses. Managed to break the top hose mount on the radiator (plastic). Called me. Told me it was cracked anyway. I argued it was 100% ok and the car was only about a year old!
Anyway, I said I needed the car to go away the next day (Friday) and it was their problem.
They tried. Couldn't get a new radiator in time. None around the wreckers. They "could" get mine fixed, but not before the weekend. They called me on the Friday (car left there overnight).
All sorted! Great. I called in late on the Friday, yep radiator replaced. I asked how did they get it, They said they had borrowed a radiator from another customer's car! And that customer wasn't going to collect their car until the following Wednesday...
Maybe that's why your radiator covering was not put back correctly!

Using other customers cars as Christmas Trees! :D

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Using other customers cars as Christmas Trees! :D

There's a punch line.
I had to return my car before the following wednesday so thay could return the other customer's radiator, and refit my repaired one.
No, I didn't pay for it.
But a while later I was relating the tale to an associate at one of my customer's premises and I was overheard. The listener butted in asking me when this was. I honestly told them. Apparently it was THEIR car the dealer borrowed the radiator from!
That's 2 less customers they had!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
There's a punch line.
I had to return my car before the following wednesday so thay could return the other customer's radiator, and refit my repaired one.
No, I didn't pay for it.
But a while later I was relating the tale to an associate at one of my customer's premises and I was overheard. The listener butted in asking me when this was. I honestly told them. Apparently it was THEIR car the dealer borrowed the radiator from!
That's 2 less customers they had!

LOL! Oh dear. But really, I wonder how common this proverbial "convenient arrangement" is amongst dealers needing a part or several in a pinch (literally), not just Holden.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I didn't read your doc, the paperwork I received with the Magnum stated capped price servicing was for 3 years or 60k kms.
I had the 60k service done at 55,400kms and the service manager told me it was the last capped price service.
We were given 5 year's worth of capped price servicing, when we bought our car at a time Holden were including 5 year's warranty.
Never used it though, the guy I actually trust to work on it is no more expensive than the capped price.
When Holden existed I was mildly concerned I might be missing out of software updates or some-such, but then realised they never updated the firmware unless you took it in for a warranty complaint, so I was missing out on Nothing. And not having the rhesus monkeys smearing their poo all over the inside of a car with "titanium" coloured alcantara trim is a big positive of not going to the dealer.

Interesting they have changed the CPS pricing.
Heh heh heh ...
Holden: "You'll never pay more than the capped price!"
*changes cap amount*

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I didn't read your doc, the paperwork I received with the Magnum stated capped price servicing was for 3 years or 60k kms.
I had the 60k service done at 55,400kms and the service manager told me it was the last capped price service.

My capped priced servicing is also 63 months or 105,00 kms and I only got a 3 year warranty.