Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car dipping going under 50ks

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I'm not quite sure how I can explain this, but whenever I go under 50ks, the car will dip up and down, which almost feels like it has a slightly flat tyre, but all tyres are at their appropriate pressure levels?

Once I go past 50-60, it will ride normal and smooth, is this something to do with the suspension?

I also should note that I hit a speed bump doing about 40 when I first picked up the car (Sydney roads, poorly lit streets, missus etc).

Dawso 501

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
black vy storm ute
How old are the tires? I know once I had the same problem after I got a flat and put a spare tire on. It did exactly what your saying yours does. Turns out the tire was old and the wire inside the rubber had let go and made a slight bump in the rubber

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The tyres are not even 5,000ks old, I'm pretty sure an alignment was done when my new rims/tyres were put on but I'll get it checked out, why would it cause it to dip though?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
cos it could be a bearing or rack end thats got freeplay. probably worth getting it checked out for peace of mind