Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car dipping going under 50ks

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Sounds like you might have bent the rim or got an egg in your tyre hitting that speed bump.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Sounds like you might have bent the rim or got an egg in your tyre hitting that speed bump.

The rims and tyres are brand new, I hit the speed bump with the factory alloys, I'm leaning more towards a wheel bearing or suspension issue.

Tyre itself could be out of round also

What do you mean when you say the tyre could be out of round?

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
You say that you have new rims and tyre. Is the centre bore the right size for the ve, if not you will need a set of hub rings. If this is the case and you keep driving you could end up with broken studs.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Need more info.

Where do you feel it? Through the whole car, through the steering wheel, the seat etc?

Is it a vibration, rhythmic, does it increase frequency as speed increases?

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
You say that you have new rims and tyre. Is the centre bore the right size for the ve, if not you will need a set of hub rings. If this is the case and you keep driving you could end up with broken studs.

Yes it has the appropriate hub rings.

Need more info.

Where do you feel it? Through the whole car, through the steering wheel, the seat etc?

Is it a vibration, rhythmic, does it increase frequency as speed increases?

It's felt through the whole car, the car just dips up and down like it has two flat front tyres.

It's not a vibration, it's as if the car is rolling on rough terrain, such as a dirt road with bumps.

Yes it increases but once it's past a certain speed it will stop and drive as it should.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sounds bizarre.

If you pop the bonnet and push down hard on the front of the car does it spring back once or just keep bouncing?

Is there a large gap under the black discs above the struts in the engine bay between them and the body of the car?

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
There is no gap in between the strut top discs, all of the suspension (springs, struts, shocks) were installed by me and was done properly as far as I know.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Haven't got a shagged engine mount?

Don't think so mate, but why would that make the car dip up and down?

Also, i've noticed when breaking at high speeds (80k's+), the car will shutter, warped/worn disk rotors?