Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Immobilised - Contact Dealer X

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
yeah back to normal after fixing the 60A fuseable link

Hi Dr Mutley, is your VE still going? I'm getting exact same warnings on my dash except while I was driving the 'reduced speed' warning msg came up. I pulled over and had a look under the bonnet, not that i know anything about whats under there, so jumped back in turned the key that's when the contact dealer msg came up and wont start. If anyone has any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Jakesv608

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I’m having similar problem disconnected and reconnected battery to try and reset air con now my car is immobilised accept my car won’t even switch over I don’t even get no dash light or sounds I only have the stupid red lock and car in the corner bloody putrid these ve commodores are absolute pieces of ****

Jakesv608

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I’m having similar problem disconnected and reconnected battery to try and reset air con now my car is immobilised accept my car won’t even switch over I don’t even get no dash light or sounds I only have the stupid red lock and car in the corner bloody putrid these ve commodores are absolute pieces of ****
It’s like there is no power running through the car

Jimmymac72

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V8
CHeck the fuseable links on the positive battery terminal…. There’s 2…. Is one blown?
I’ve been having the same issue the last few months. It’s sporadic. Car will start then as drive a few feet shut off. Firstly I changed to a new battery. All good. Then did it again. So I did a scan, nothing. So disconnected battery for a short time and all good. Did a scan again nothing. But all good. Then today was out for an hour came home. Then piped out to pick up son and happened again. Same old thing working then stopped as reversing out. Did all things above and working again. Found your post so checked the 60a terminal
Fuse both fine. I’m absolutely stumped as to what can be causing it. I might just change the terminal fuse anyway just in case. Where did you get yours from? Cheers buddy

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check the positive post on firewall hidden behind glovebox

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
remove the glovebox
it is up high behind the glovebox