Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car not Starting??

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hi, I recently took out my dash for painting and when i was puting it all back together i accidently plugged the cluster in wrong and it short circuited. So at the moment there is no cluster plugged in. Now when i try to start the car it wont kick over... :S
Ive tryed heaps and now its drained my battery. the car is on gas.
Is it possible the car wont start without a cluster plugged in??

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I assume you have checked all your fuse's with a test lamp?.. I'm not to sure but you may have inadvertently cooked your ECU. Sozz that's all I have.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
there shouldn't be much there that could damage your ECM. Speed sensor circuit is the only one I can think of. But the Delco is a fairly tough old unit. I've shorted out injector wires before and it's survived.

make sure you check ALL of your fuses. It may have blown a couple of instrument related fuses which are shared by another circuit like fuel pump etc. Turn the ignition to 'ON' position and listen for the fuel pump. It should run for 10 seconds or so before switching off

988miki

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
Car Doesnt wanna start.

i changed the whole engine the other day of a vs ecotec 95 mod got all the cables everythng is where it shuld be and in place and today i went to start it and it doesnt wanna start as if it doesnt have any petrol it sounds like that.

anyway if anyone knows just reply itl be appreciated.

cheers. : )