Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car very fumey after cam

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yeah United’s E85 is RON rated at 107, but as you say the knock-control properties are greater than what’s just dictated by the RON rating.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
finally got a united station with e85 in my town last year so i wont have to buy barrels all the time, might even sneak some toluene in there to help out the MON rating :cool:

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
I don't understand why United has the price higher or on par with 98. In the States E85 is much cheaper.
1661057910323.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
with all this money been thrown at renewables u would think that ethanol would be a cheaper option of fuel, better for the environment and makes more power

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Big oil companies make it hard for ethanol

Plus ethanol for fuel is tricky IRT environmental and food sourcing practices

Production of ethanol on a high scale requires land that was growing food crops to be swapped out for a fuel crop

Wouldn't be that much of an issue if we all stopped consuming sugar the way we do

We could also use the fibre from cane for clothing and stop the insane waste of water that it takes to grow cotton

Or, substitute hemp for cotton, there's a whole lot more you can get from a hemp plant that cotton, plus alot less water for quantity of product

Plus I retire soon, I want pot to be at least decriminalised by then, it is apparently great for arthritis

I'll vote for more E85 and pot

Maybe I'll start the "pot smoking and performance car party", that would be sure to get enough votes to get my foot in the government's door

Free pot and E85 for all veterans and retired people, and all stations must have E85 at the pumps

We could have a "green straya card", that would be accepted at all fuel and pot distributors

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm a grumpy old bastard, maybe I should take up dope, it might make me happier....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't understand why United has the price higher or on par with 98. In the States E85 is much cheaper.
View attachment 241427
Part of it is volume. Almost nobody buys E85 here, so it costs more to bring to market than stuff they sell a lot more of.

Additionally, they make it from corn in the US, and corn has some odd government subsidy for dodgy-political-machinations reasons that I’ve forgotten & which have been going-on since the 70’s. It’s the reason most low-price products in the US use corn syrup rather than sugar for sweetening; I’ve not tasted mainstream US Coke but I’m told this is why it tastes wierd.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Corn syrup goes into everything in the US, that's why obesity is such an issue there, Australia is catching up with obesity though, from fast food and all the sugary stuff that people jsm on their heads

You cannot go anywhere without seeing obese and morbidity obese people huffing, puffing and wobbling their way through life

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ah, ha....The old days we used to sniff petrol for a high...Now we can sniff E85, get high and fat at the same time.....Bloody ripper... :D