Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Yard B.S. excuses!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
oh yeah their it is right next to **** smear under the handle Hee He
Its in the fine print, check clause "Chucked a tanty".

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
The reason he did that was because he did not wish to lose a sale, even if the sale was with a customer who is clearly an impatient pain in the asss. Did you spare a thought for the other guy that has to wait now? of course not, you're a selfish turd aren't you?

We've all dealt with one of these ####ing people haven't we?? How annoying are they? They think because they spend a few grand with your shop that they own you.

You couldn't wait the extra three weeks or accept the possibility of human error? You know there is a recall on and lots of customers have had their delivery dates shuffled back?

It is ####s just like you that made this country the bog it has become.

Are you serious?
The OP had a contract with a date of delivery on it, the car was running over 2 weeks late and he asked the dealer what the cost was to cancel the contract.
I don't think it was he who decided to intercept the other car, it would have been dealer stock (not a customers car) because the other dealer wouldn't have surrendered the car.
A few grand? The guy's buying an SSV, more than a few grand.

Good on this dealer for doing the right thing and finding the OP a car, he should be appreciative.

It's customers who bend over and take it in the rear that have made this country the bog it has become, of course car salesmen are the most honest guys out there.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
People like me exist so whiney little ass clowns like you don't run the world.

Lol but aren't you the guy who posts in the VF problems thread when you don't even own one, whining about how they're so faulty and that your VY is better, with no reason other than to stir up sh**? Ironic now you'd say that your existence is to prevent that kind of thing.

Did you buy your VY new or used? If you've bought a new Holden lately you'd know how much the dealers eff you around, they promise X delivery timeframe just to get your sale, then the excuses and lies start, 4 weeks turns into 8 weeks turns into 12 weeks. Markalan1two said it was already delayed by 2 weeks previously, then another 3 weeks- that's a 5 week delay and a lot of people simply can't wait that long due to actually needing the car.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Really, since when do salespersons do what is in the best interests of customers, they do what is in their and their bosses best interest. if you think otherwise than quit toking so much

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Really, since when do salespersons do what is in the best interests of customers, they do what is in their and their bosses best interest. if you think otherwise than quit toking so much
If they didn't act in the best interests of customers, then they wouldn't have any business. I haven't come across many businesses who wouldn't go out of their way to make their customers happy. Happy customers means more business which essentially means more profit, and THAT is in the best interest of the salesperson.

There are a small minority of businesses who don't think this way, and they don't generally last too long either. Most businesses definitely do what they have to do to survive in such a competitive world nowadays. The loss of such a large sale would surely have a negative impact on the salesperson, especially when their pay is likely commission based.

People are becoming far too precious.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Hi All

So it got me to thinking that a lot of other people would be on the receiving end of this kind of dibbling sh!t and thought that it would be an interesting question to post here.

So please share your vast experience :yahoo:

I think you are being a bit tough on the dealer given that a new Commodore can take six weeks and more from when the order is received at the factory and when the car is delivered from SA.

My last of many new Commodore experiences (just under 2 yrs ago ) was the exact opposite of yours. The car was promised in approx 3-4 weeks which suited me fine. What I did not know was that the dealer(the sales manager as it happens) was working in the background to try and get me a car sooner even though I did not ask him to. I am then phoned up after just 2 weeks to say the car would be delivered and ready to pick up in 2 days. They had done a switch with another dealer which is common practice. Not only did they get it to me early but it was fitted with some expensive nice factory options I had not ordered and for which I did not pay. Pleasing to say the least. On delivery the car was perfect and has been ever since. That is an example of what these sales guys do to please their customers. This was a large Sydney north side new Holden dealer (not Suttons).

Anyhow get some perspective. Whilst hundreds of millions of people in this world do not even have any clean water to drink ever, you are whining about a new car being delivered days later than you wanted. Jeez life is really tough for you mate.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I'm sure that story is extremely rare!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
My car was in the yard when I bought so I only had to wait for the pre-delivery preparation.
I had already sold my previous car so I needed a replacement pretty quick.

If I had ordered a brand new car and it was 2 weeks late and the new car was going to be my work car (as mine is) I would be going off at the dealer.
I know delays may be out of their control, but they are the supplier and you are their client.
If people commit to something, I expect them to do absolutely everything to honor that commitment. It may mean that dealer provides a loan car if the delay is causing significant heartache for the buyer.
Ford gave me a Fiesta or something for a week once because my XR6 was delayed. I think that is fair enough.