Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught red handed

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
The smash reparis have had my car since monday.. getting fixed.. wrote down the odo reading and they wont get far anyway left it there with them with less then quarter of a tank :p So if they do want to go places they can fill my car with some petrol then...

Should get the car back in next couple days.

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
Not Happy

I once had a problem with people driveing my Car too, which i got as a gift for getting into Uni never the less i worked hard for that car. when i go to the garage service the car i always say i want to be in the car when some one wants to test the car and i would wait there because it would only take 3-4 hours to service, but well worth the effort u only do it evry 10tousand Km's or evry six months. so i was sitting there and i saw my car driven out of the garage at excess speeds and the guy riipped a burnout at the entrance and took off with a nother guy in the passangers side seat and the stero pumping. Obviously i was ticked of hard i stormed into the managers office with the secrtary following me cloesly behind and said ur company better get my car here with in 2 minutes before i sue u for stealing/and useing my car without my knowledge.Because i personlay said no test runs and i always get the lady at the front counter to write the ODO meter down. the guys came back and were fired i think but i get free services there still after that but still i dont trust them now but at least i get free services and i am always snooping around when there serviceing the car :mad:

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
to the sitting on the car business

i hate that someone walks in sits on ur bonnet or something talking to someone in the next car one day i saw someone sitting on my car and yelled out to a mate, DO ME A FAVOR AND TELL THAT A$$HOLE TO GET THERE ASS OF MY BONNET , just loud enough for them to hear they got of pretty quick

another idea is if u have keyless entry or something just unlock it :rofl: or if u can set the alarm of "scare the crap out of them "

:flame: :ranting:

hehe oh yeah tough luck about the test driving im keen on mechanics but if u all see them as assholes and joyriders im scared of giving it a go but catch the bastards as best u can so when i decide to get someone else to work on my car test drives will be banned these bastards need to have more decensy

dan

R

rattattack1313

yea..I prefer to hang around when my car is getting touched........ stuff some hoon mechanic/yardboy blowin' in my car....that's my job!!!!! :yeah:

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
lol i took my car into get it servised when i bought it i took a pic of the odo and the fuel guage ( previoalsy owned a camira they took for a floggin :ranting: ) when i got it back 4 hrs later i had mud up the side 50 more ks on the odo and ( i left it with a full tank my bad) was left with the fuel light on ( dont have a fuel light but if i did it woulda been on lol ) went and saw the manager ( his a nice guy ) showed him the photos ( on me cam phone ) then showed him the tyres odo and fuel he ripped into the fella that was fixin it for me fired him on the spot i got 3 full tank fulls of fuel another free servise and 2 new tyres and the manager personaly washed it for me!!!!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
ha! I live just across the road from Mount Gambier and it's very famous for being land of the hoons : ) must be more V8 Commodores there than any other place in Australia

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Yes, this thread has brought back some memories for me too which I had almost forgotten now...
First was my beloved and now long gone VH Charger with the 300hp 265 Hemi...I was having no end of trouble with the 500 Holley carb on it, and seeing as how my usual mechanic was away for two weeks, I went to a nearby service station that did mechanical work and was supposed to be "pretty good with hot cars"...
Seeing as how it was being a pig to start in the mornings when cold, they got me to leave it in their garage overnight and they would work on it first thing and try and diagnose the fault. (and do you think I can remember what that "fault" was now? This was over 20 years ago, come on! :) )
Anyway, I left it there on thursday afternoon, and it turned out I couldn't get in to pick it up on the friday, which annoyed me, as late on a friday night most young guys would head out of town to Thompsons road where a drag strip was marked out, I naturally didn't go, as turning up in my other car, a 1953 Austin A-30, would have been embarressing to say the least... :rofl:
I picked up the car saturday morning, and after getting the car back, now fixed, someone met me in the street and asked why I didn't stop off and say hi on friday night at the drags...all I did was "cruise past slowly, whack her back to first, and light the bags then tear off down the quarter". "REAAAALLLY?, was my steady reply with smoke pouring out of my ears... I too got a few free services offered, but only took the free tankful of petrol....obviously that mechanic found the problem and got her running on friday morning and decided to give her a test run that night at the drags... :mad:

I also saw my 1971 Cortina GT drive past after leaving it for a tune up. I wouldn't have minded if It wasn't at the town of Bargara beach about fifteen kilometers from where I left it to be fixed...and didn't have two guys and two girls laughing away in it. The shop denied it black and blue, but here's a tip guys...if you are going to do "borrow" a customers car, make sure that the car isn't the ONLY ONE OF IT'S KIND IN TOWN.... :rofl:

Bonnet sitting...in town there are a few Corvettes, and one tasty 1970's example was parked in the main street, bright red, t-top open, what a car! Some knucklehead was leaning all over the front guard trying desperately to chat up a couple of girls walking by...now, I knew this wasn't his car...he was a distant acquaintance, a friend of a friend kind of thing. I saw the guy I did however know owned the car walk back to it, his eyes widening, and he said loudly "Get the F*CK OFF MY CAR!!!"...the guy nearly crapped himself jumping out of the way....the girls just walked away laughing as Mr Cool tried to compose himself... :yeah:

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
my dad has a VX berlina and he treats it as his god, and one day he left it in a pannal betters to fix because the car, because it had been keyed prety deep to there on the right hand side soem on actualy stayed there and made sure it was pretty bad so that the whole side panels ahd to be replaced (cant swear here if not i got a couple of words to tell them) any way he left it for a week becasue the guys were busy and it was considered a big job. the grage was near my dad's worke and the garge was close by. one day he saw a the car been taken out he thought it was finished and would kill two birds with one stone and pick it up now and dump the company car at the workshop. so he called the grage and said is my car ready should i come now they told my dad no it wasnt so he said are u sure my cars rego number is......... and the guy said hold on and came back and said we are still fixing it, then that when my dad got mad he then in his company car followed the car got out his cammara fone and vedioed his car been driven around sydney for like 2.5 hours before returning to the garage i am suprised the lady didnt notice a car following her for 2.5 hours while she picked up the kids and went to fastfood restarunts after that he went and stop infront of the garge behind his car and went inside with the lady very very angry and said to the guy that he spoke to "is this how u fix a car that has been keyed by driviong and useing MY CARS AS A PERSONAL CAR" she drove for 2.5 hours and i got on vedio i aint going to pay for this. as u can see the manager cam and tried to bargin with my dad so he threated to call cops and say what happened because he has evidence so he got a job that was worth 2450 dollars for free. pretty stup[id coz the lady drove nicley and even filled up petrol but thats what u get for lieying i reckon the manger was very scared because that amount of money to be loes is preety heavy.
[PS THIS IS VERY LATE AT NIGHT AND I AM SLEEPY SORRY ABOUT GRAMMA AND SPELLING]

E

evets358

big mistake

I was visiting a friend of mine who happened to be a panel beater. He told me the dyno place next door had a genuine A9X torana getting the once over. I heard the car start up as it was reversed out of the workshop for a road test.

I turned around and to look out at the street. The car looked immaculate and sounded soooo schweeet. The owner had obviously spent big buck$$ on his ride.
I watched the car drive up the road and then back again. Instead of turning into the dyno shop the driver continued up the road. He was about 50m past the shop when he decided to give this car a boot full. The car literally took off. Sounded awesome!
Suddenly, about 250m up the road the bonnet comes loose, flips up and then flys off into the air over the back of the car.

Unbelievable!!!!!

We all ran over to the car to see what had happened. The idiot dyno guy didn’t put the bonnet pins back on before he took the car for a test drive. The windscreen had been smashed, the bonnet hinges were bent back at a crazy angle, the A pillars didn’t look too good, the passenger window was cracked and the roof had a big dent and scrape on it.

Upshot of this - Dyno guy sacked on the spot. I thought that the dyno boss was going to stand toe to toe with the mechanic and knock his lights out.

It took about 6 weeks to repair this car after it was taken for a dyno.

Oh yeah - the dyno mechanic was forced to pay for some of the panel beating work because the boss didn’t pay him the 2 weeks wages he was owed. The boss also kept the money he had set aside for the mechanics holiday pay as well.

I would have hated to be the boss and tell the customer what happened.

Evets358
:w00t:

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
Secki said:
yep get a GPS ($200-300 for a cheap one) and hide it under the spare tyre or under a seat, that way you can see the kms, and even follow the track to see where he has exactly been to see if you can discover some burnout marks on the road! may be a bit expensive but its peace of mind

A GPS won't work if it's under anything, it needs a clear line of sight to the sky....

Obviously not a trick you've ever tried before.

Anyway a mate of mine had the surprise of stepping off the train a couple of weeks ago to pick up his car from being serviced, the train station is about a 10 minute walk from the mechanic's place. What does he know, he sees a car looking very much like his come (of course it turns out to be his) hurling up the road, pull a U-turn and stop at the shop. Cool as a cucumber, he walks over, sits on the bonnet and waits for the guy to come back out of the shop.

When he does, he looks a bit miffed to see some random guy sitting on the bonnet of the car he knows he shouldn't be driving, and says "Are you right mate?"

And my mate goes, "Yeah, I was just wondering if you could give me a lift back to your work in my car here so I can pick it up from it's service..."

Piss funny! :yeah:

Last edited: