Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught red handed

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
stockVN said:
I had a similar story with mine.... Never really gave it the berries when I first bought my VN, the car had 202,000 never had a leak in its life and drove well. took it to discount tyre service :flame: to get a rego inspection and a general check up. never seen them drive it but when I got it back the car had a pinging noise under load and the gearbox blew 3 weeks later..... $3500 later it was back on the road but I was furious.... the engine sprung a leak as well from the drivers side head gasket too, but as I had no proof it wasnt like that before I couldnt nail them for it. :b: :ranting:
ooh ouch

wouldn't take much of a thrashing to hurt an old engine like that though... :)
my dad's vn (lexcen) has never blown a 'box but it has got a pinging noise ALL THE TIME :( and he's not the type that thrashes his car (mind you he don't pussyfoot around either...)

sorry to hear that

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
spacattack said:
lol i took my car into get it servised when i bought it i took a pic of the odo and the fuel guage ( previoalsy owned a camira they took for a floggin :ranting: ) when i got it back 4 hrs later i had mud up the side 50 more ks on the odo and ( i left it with a full tank my bad) was left with the fuel light on ( dont have a fuel light but if i did it woulda been on lol ) went and saw the manager ( his a nice guy ) showed him the photos ( on me cam phone ) then showed him the tyres odo and fuel he ripped into the fella that was fixin it for me fired him on the spot i got 3 full tank fulls of fuel another free servise and 2 new tyres and the manager personaly washed it for me!!!!!!

That's good to hear ... but if that manager wasnt a nice guy, is there really anyway to prove when you took the photo? I am pretty sure the phone stamps the time you've set the phone to, so you can actually attach any date and time you want. Is there anything you can do to prove an odo reading if it did get to the lawyer stage? Does the trip computer keep any kind of record with time stamps by any chance? I seem to recall being told once you can download some kind of infomation from it :confused:

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
thats some harsh stories there
but yeh some people take it for granted that they have a car they can thrash around due to it not being theres and its quite sadening that it happens on a too often regular basis :(

i now own a Vx berlina series 2
and my old VL sedan
spent way to much money on the vl hence getting the vx i love it but to scared to take it anywhere to get fixed as i know what some people are like when test driving a clients car grrr F*^Ken PR*&KS

but what can u really do
be with the car whilst they do the repairs ?
YES
it works :)
when doing this last time with my vl getting new rotors pads and few odd ends around the front end i waited with my car for a few hours

yeh i wasted a few hours but was worth it to see there reaction towards me hanging around

they didnt have myuch to say to myself or to there work mates
only time they did was when i went out for a ciggie

might have to install some mics and stuff next time i leave a car to get fixed hehehe

but truely who needs the grief from mechanics

all i can say is become good mates with a mechanic so they and urself can be trusted by them

one of my mates step fathers works for a spare parts place

gets me cheap stuff and i pay him with cases of beers :)
i test drive the car
and he gets to drink beer after doing what he loves to do best which is working on cars

anyways thats my rant haha ;)