Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught red handed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
rego insp

I dropped my VL off at a rego inspection and the guy took it for the brake test. he was gone for the normal time, then as he was almost back at his garage, he stopped, dumped the clutch and lit the rear tyres up.
That will teach me for getting my best mate to do the inspection. But he didnt bother about the 5% window tint or anything else so it all works out.

What did piss me off though was in canberra i went to a tyre shop in fyshwick, now my car was immaculate interior and i never smoked in it. Came over to see if they had finished and the guy was in there, windows up smoking while he was reversing it out. Told him what i thought of that, but still took a while to get the stink out of the car.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, this reminds me of a insident i had ages ago, when i had my vn gearbox done the 1st time, (yes it took 3 times) i got a speeding ticket on the day it was done. problem, it wasnt me, finaly sort it out, proved it wasnt me, after all that wasnt a hard thing to do, im not black, lol. but it does bring me to the following point, they took it for a test drive one morning, i was complaining of a slipping gearbox in a box that was 3 hours old, i was adminent it was slipping, the fella said it wasnt. anyway's to cut a long story short, i droped the car over to his house and he drove it the next morning when it was cold, from his place to work. 44km, i didnt mind, he only got 5km away and the car broke down, gearbox blew up, lol, but yeah, they do take it for excesive test drives, all of my gearbox changes have alway's seemed to involve huge test drives.

my vl coped it also, it got a test drive for a weekend, bastards, caught them out red handed, my work was done for free, so yeah, keep a eye on the bastards

S

Spanner Monkey

How do u see where the car has been when GPS's need line of sight to work. They dont work under seats or under spare tyres

E

evets358

GPS line of sight?

My GPS works fine inside the house and in the boot of my car. Works more or less anywhere I go except into large multi story buildings or places like shopping centres. Mind you though it is a $1200 dollar unit.

Evets358

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heard a story about a A9X 4 door that was stolen by some lowlife and the owner kissed it goodbye and he thought it was never to be seen again....cops no use as always.
About a years or so later he was cruising through a town that was not his home town on holidays and noticed a car like his for sale in a car yard.
He went over to the car and looked it over from the outside and was pretty sure this was his old A9X....a different colour but his.
He played it cool and shot the breeze with the dodgy salesman and asked to look inside it and asked to look in the boot...he remembered that he had got Brocky to sign on the inside of the boot and low and behold there it was.The bloke kept his cool and thanked the salesman for letting him look at it and said he would think about it.
Marched straight to the local cops and reported it.
They followed up on this and to cut the story short charged the owner of the car yard for a variety of offences as he had some other dodgy cars as well as his in his caryard as well.
He was found guilty and sentenced to a bit of time in the slammer and the guy got his car back ...a different colour and minus a few bits but at least he got it back.
A bit of a change from the "lost forever" and bad guy getting away with it story that a lot of car thefts result in.

stockVN

Bundy.... Ur a genious!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN executive drift machine
I had a similar story with mine.... Never really gave it the berries when I first bought my VN, the car had 202,000 never had a leak in its life and drove well. took it to discount tyre service :flame: to get a rego inspection and a general check up. never seen them drive it but when I got it back the car had a pinging noise under load and the gearbox blew 3 weeks later..... $3500 later it was back on the road but I was furious.... the engine sprung a leak as well from the drivers side head gasket too, but as I had no proof it wasnt like that before I couldnt nail them for it. :b: :ranting:

M

mara

i like seckis idea with the GPS and follow the trail now thats a good idea

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
mara said:
A GPS won't work if it's under anything, it needs a clear line of sight to the sky....

Obviously not a trick you've ever tried before.

my $250 GPS works fine in the locked glovebox!!!! my old $450 GPS also worked fine in the glvoebox, and in the boot. Depends on the model i guess.

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
Maybe it's just mine...

Secki said:
my $250 GPS works fine in the locked glovebox!!!! my old $450 GPS also worked fine in the glvoebox, and in the boot. Depends on the model i guess.

Mine is hopeless unless I'm outside... it was $600 so not the cheapest but far from the most expensive. It won't work inside the house unless I'm near the window, and I have to have it up on the dash in the car otherwise it loses the satellites after a few seconds and drops out. I'm considering getting an external antenna for it to solve the prob, it's a pain in the arse.

Sorry Secki! My bad.